MIght be onto something here;)

GregL

What a massive week of fishing SO FAR :biggrin2:

Started off wenesday out with Richrd and a couple of different ring ins...

11 jews to the boat in a bit over 2 hours.

All around the 2-5kg mark and a great way to spend the arvo.

Thursday. 2.5hrs we get another 3

Friday another 2

And today another 6 :biggrin2:

MOst fish returned except a couple for the table.

post-3563-090096700 1310818715_thumb.jpg

post-3563-023063400 1310818658_thumb.jpeg

post-3563-090129600 1310818082_thumb.jpeg

This arvo WHile ripping back my lure this bugger clobbered it.

post-3563-065451800 1310818193_thumb.jpg

post-3563-042865400 1310818607_thumb.jpg

post-3563-021048600 1310818038_thumb.jpeg

Edited by GregL

Excellent effort. I am getting a taste for jews on plastics, its a top way to fish.

Very curious as to why you'd hide the lure. I can understand being cagey about spots in the background but this lure must be hot stuff if you need to hide it.

Anyway, good going!

No worries Mike, any time mate.

Re the lure. We have pictured it in a Jews mouth in a previous post for those that want to do some investigation work.

Or there is an article in the current barra bass bream mag;)

I have made a promise to the person that put me onto this lure that I wouldn't let it out of the bag to soon.

There is bugger all stock in the country hence the secrecy. I've been searching and buying as many as I can and still I only have a handful left and the importer has none till next shipment.

One trip out we lost 6 of these $30 bits of rubber.....

You can see where we fish, isn't that enough?????

Greg

Re the lure. We have pictured it in a Jews mouth in a previous post for those that want to do some investigation work.

I have made a promise to the person that put me onto this lure that I wouldn't let it out of the bag to soon.

There is bugger all stock in the country hence the secrecy. I've been searching and buying as many as I can and still I only have a handful left and the importer has none till next shipment.

Greg

Sounds fair enough Greg....

I remember the days when most people that knew what they where doing would tell you nothing at all.

Sounds and looks like you are all over it buddy

Your gonna have to start targeting something else soon as your going to get sick of catching jew lol!!!!!

good on you especially on lures still on my to-do list but I have been avoiding the cold lately I need to get out there and brave the cold as the rewards are there as long as you are willing to work for it,

you may have to look into importing these special lures yourself lol!!!!

Regards,

Nathan

Greg

Fair call Greg. I wasn't having a go, you have been very generous in providing information on how and where to get jewies on lures. It sounds like the jews will be safer if the lure is kept under wraps.

Cheers

Fair call Greg. I wasn't having a go, you have been very generous in providing information on how and where to get jewies on lures. It sounds like the jews will be safer if the lure is kept under wraps.

Cheers

Not really Humesy Browny still couldnt get one LOL :yahoo:

But i think its all technic. And by all means it would not be something new.Its just Greg and myself seen the lures and were shown how to use them for other species and thought maybe they would work for the local jew population. Then went out numerous times to suss them out.And are now catching Jew everytime we go out except for two half ass occasions.

To tell you the truth i am loving my fishing atm because i havent asked anyone for help we have both sussed them out. And to me that is fishing.Not continously sending Private messages and asking what lure , where at. and so on.

Its the way or the world these days i suppose.

Cheers

Rich :biggrin2:

Understood completely Rich,

I wasn't actually asking to see the lure though, maybe others have been. Apologies Greg, if it came across that way.

I am experiencing a bit of success (and huge satisfaction) myself at the moment, in much the same way. By getting out and experimenting.

Edited by humesy

Greg & Rich P - respect and admire what you guys can do in all conditions and all locations man. True anglers. I guess the blackfish are taking a back seat this winter with all the jewfish you're pulling up eh?

Greg & Rich P - respect and admire what you guys can do in all conditions and all locations man. True anglers. I guess the blackfish are taking a back seat this winter with all the jewfish you're pulling up eh?

Nah we did that the week before last! :biggrin2:

The score was 8 to me plus 2 bream and Richard 2 :yahoo:

Fished 2 locations, Dawn Fraser Pools-donuts, Blackwattle for the above.

I miss placed my little camera for 2 weeks, hence the many missing days/phone camera action of late....

Dudes

It's all good, no harm in asking questions, without them it's hard to learn new things.

I try to ansawer all but some things are just to hard to explain without a practical see infront of demonstration.

Time on the water makes the difference. I have been lucky enough to have been able to fish every day last week except for last Tuesday! 6 out of 7 ain't bad! :biggrin2:

Didn't get to chase jews on Sunday but I did stock up on some more gars last night for the freezer(so much tastier than fish fingers!).

Both Richard and I are "in the zone" ATM, the continual casting, winding and working on retrieves gets you to a place where it becomes second nature.

The continual thinking, working out where, when and why?

For instance, if Rich catches 2 fish in a row with me getting no bites, I will stop and watch his retrieve, go stand next to him and try copy the retrieve to see it that works.

Every cast I talk my self through the whole process till the lure is back at the rod tip.

Yes it's NOT relaxing but hell, I'd rather be catching fish. If I wanted relaxing I'd take up knitting!

Nothing beats time on water and don't waste it. If your not catching change something till you do.

Cheers

G

Sounds like a whole lot of a fuss over a lure to me

Sorry boys I thought it was a case of real long arm syndrome

Going back over the photos now boys to check . LOL

Seriously well done guys

Let the rest of these guys crack the code themselves heh, isn't that fishing anyway?

Cheers boys

Ps let's get to musgrave you two

Nah we did that the week before last! :biggrin2:

The score was 8 to me plus 2 bream and Richard 2 :yahoo:

Fished 2 locations, Dawn Fraser Pools-donuts, Blackwattle for the above.

I miss placed my little camera for 2 weeks, hence the many missing days/phone camera action of late....

Dudes

It's all good, no harm in asking questions, without them it's hard to learn new things.

I try to ansawer all but some things are just to hard to explain without a practical see infront of demonstration.

Time on the water makes the difference. I have been lucky enough to have been able to fish every day last week except for last Tuesday! 6 out of 7 ain't bad! :biggrin2:

Didn't get to chase jews on Sunday but I did stock up on some more gars last night for the freezer(so much tastier than fish fingers!).

Both Richard and I are "in the zone" ATM, the continual casting, winding and working on retrieves gets you to a place where it becomes second nature.

The continual thinking, working out where, when and why?

For instance, if Rich catches 2 fish in a row with me getting no bites, I will stop and watch his retrieve, go stand next to him and try copy the retrieve to see it that works.

Every cast I talk my self through the whole process till the lure is back at the rod tip.

Yes it's NOT relaxing but hell, I'd rather be catching fish. If I wanted relaxing I'd take up knitting!

Nothing beats time on water and don't waste it. If your not catching change something till you do.

Cheers

G

"Every cast I talk my self through the whole process till the lure is back at the rod tip.

Yes it's NOT relaxing but hell, I'd rather be catching fish. If I wanted relaxing I'd take up knitting!"

Very wise words mate and definatley something I will be putting into practice next time i'm fishing lures. I find a lot of the time when im retrieving I dont pay much attention and just flick the rod around pointlessly, still get the odd fish but now that I think about it a lot of my past catches have been 'fluke' rather than 'skill'

Oh and by the way congrats on another successfull session, very jealous

Prawn Star.

Great work on the jew greg & rich.thats an absolute ripsnorter of a week on the water.some people fish their whole lives and dont even get those numbers of jew,even the amount on your slower days.hats off to you fellaz,keep em coming. Cheers johnny.

Hey guys, great work on the jewies.

I'm going to start targeting jewies from the yak shortly but i'm in under the impression my 2-4kg setup is too light?

What rod, reel and line strengths are you using? ...

I don't really have a lot of cash to be wasting on the wrong gear. I'm happy to waste my time and effort fishing in the wrong spots, but the cash i have to be careful with.

Hey guys, great work on the jewies.

I'm going to start targeting jewies from the yak shortly but i'm in under the impression my 2-4kg setup is too light?

What rod, reel and line strengths are you using? ...

I don't really have a lot of cash to be wasting on the wrong gear. I'm happy to waste my time and effort fishing in the wrong spots, but the cash i have to be careful with.

G'day Jet

I have 2 different outfits that I use. Ones a Daiwa Steez Chilidog rod, Daiwa 3000 Branzino reel loaded with 30lb Branzino braid which is extremely thin. I have been using leaders from 10-30lb, thin leaders of late to see if there is any difference, not so far. NEXT I will be trying heavy, which might aid in stopping bite offs and save a few lures from the bottom.

My lighter outfit is a Branzino AGS rod, Branzino 2508R Special loaded with 16lb braid. This is a long rod at almost 9ft. Great casting distance, nice and soft n can't wait to use for lighter vibeing in shortly.

I usually chuck the Chilidog as I know it will handle larger fish and they are the ones we all want to catch!

G