windang break wall

Izza

G'day guy's

Managed to get down to the break wall at windang this arvo for a few hours no fish landed but a few bite's and the people up the very end managed quite a good salmon and a few undersized bream from what I could see might give it another go 2morrow morning, managed to catch a bird who took a fancy to my half mangled pillie as I was reeling it back in got himself a mouth of ganghook right through the beak for his efforts.... that was definately the interesting experience of the arvo but the bird was realesed safely, didnt know leader was invisible to birds as well as fish ay!!

G'day guy's

Managed to get down to the break wall at windang this arvo for a few hours no fish landed but a few bite's and the people up the very end managed quite a good salmon and a few undersized bream from what I could see might give it another go 2morrow morning, managed to catch a bird who took a fancy to my half mangled pillie as I was reeling it back in got himself a mouth of ganghook right through the beak for his efforts.... that was definately the interesting experience of the arvo but the bird was realesed safely, didnt know leader was invisible to birds as well as fish ay!!

hey

was there today for a few hours too! caught a couple salmons but after sunset could only manage trevallies so I went home. I get a bit worried about the birds there too sometimes when I reel in praying they wont get hooked >< I only seemed to have luck with pillies, tried garfish for a while but didn't even get a single nibble for an hour (trying to get my first kingy). Has anyone else tried garfish there with any luck?

Good luck tomorrow!

weather turned a bit arsey so I didnt end up coming out, yeah davido you should head out the break wall even if its only for a change of scenery, last morning I was there I got to watch a dolphin cruise round the bay which was cool especially when about 10mins after the dolphin left and a seal came in and did the same sort of cruise was quite a cool experience as I didnt think there were any seal colonies in this area? which beaches are you talking about tunastrike Im new to the area so dont really have my bearings of north south east n west yet, never caught a jewfish before would be cool to do, and yeah tway those turns are a bugger I try to wait till there about to dive on it then give it a rip out of the way one way or another usually keeps it realitvely safe coz I think once there commited to there dive they have a bit of trouble turning and changing direction n that, I havent usd garfish down there but you tend to get constant nibbles of pillies I prefer the salted ones there a bit tougher n will hang on in the swell

tight lines dudes

Edited by newbie88

Hi Newbie88,

There is quite a few seals off hill 60 on the island that is furthest out as i have seen them before when i went for kings there. They float in the water on their side with there fin hanging out it looks like they are waving to you. I have also seen a few penguins around port kembla.

Regards Daniel.

oh ok kool thats pretty sick this one wasnt just hanging about but seemed to be on the hunt n there were a few fish jumping round where he was swiming guess you can only take it as a good sign really, if the water's good enough to sustain larger mamals like that then there should be plenty of fih about haha