Snapper

Noodles

What a difference a day makes. The current was still running hard to the south yesterday but I found a bit of hard reef and was able to pick in.

Dropped straight onto the snapper and finished with 8 in total. 5 in the low to mid 30cm's, 1 at 45cm and 2 47cm models. Only had 1 throwback and was busted off on the light gear by another couple.

For those interested, mono outfished braid 7 to 1. All three larger fish were picked up on the lightest line and softest rod (plus the bustoffs) which I had rigged with only 1 bait. Pilly baits in about 27m of water. No secrets - Catherine Hill Bay.

What a difference a day makes. The current was still running hard to the south yesterday but I found a bit of hard reef and was able to pick in.

Dropped straight onto the snapper and finished with 8 in total. 5 in the low to mid 30cm's, 1 at 45cm and 2 47cm models. Only had 1 throwback and was busted off on the light gear by another couple.

For those interested, mono outfished braid 7 to 1. All three larger fish were picked up on the lightest line and softest rod (plus the bustoffs) which I had rigged with only 1 bait. Pilly baits in about 27m of water. No secrets - Catherine Hill Bay.

Good effort. Nice bag of reds, pitty the larger models won this time. Hopefully you square things up with the big buggers next time.

Edited by DTROJAN

Hey Noodles,

When you say the mono outfished the braid, can I get some more details here please?

If you were floatlining both mono and braid, then it's easier to lose fish on the braid due to striking too early or the fish feels the resistance too easily and drops the bait. You need to have the lightest baitrunner setting or let line off the spool with an open bail arm.

If you were paternoster baiting, then the same could apply here where the fish feels you and drops the bait before you can properly set the hook.

If you were luring, then I would be very suspicious at your statistics.

Still, you managed a great result for reddies, with a couple of bustoffs as well...

Well done - a few nice meals in that lot.

Tony

That is a ripper feed you caught there , You sure have those reds worked out cathrine bay is on fire :lol::lol: .

Keep them coming love the photo's.

chris.