Hydrofoils does it help

savage

Well in my situation, I have 3 people in my 35 hp 15ft runabout, it took awhile before it had enough guts to go onto the plane, when I installed the hydrofoils, we attempted 3 people again, and the boat launched onto the plane with no effort at all. Not a bad upgrade for some $35 wings lol.

- Carl

hey guys

Do you think Hydrofoils are worth putting on your motor??

And if so does it affect your performance??

cheers savage sons

Hi Guys ,I have got one that was fitted to a 115 johnson ,you can have it if you want to try it if it will fit your engine.Cheers Laurie

In certin conditions hydrofoils can be dangerous , digging in on one side & putting the boat on it's side.

There are a few horry stories around.

If you decide to add a "foil" then spend the money & fit a SE Sports 200 or a Permitrim.

Are they worth fittig ? It can depend on the boat & motor size but generally speaking they do improve performance getting onto the plane.

Geoff

I must agree with Tuffy. I fitted a SE Sport 300. The result was excellent stability, excellent planning with the con being loosing 3 knots at top end. Fuel economy also improved. I used to have the el cheapie on a boat a long time ago and that 'dig' in people speak about is the scariest thing in the world. They went straight in the bin after that experience.

Depends what you are after. I would prefer to lose three knots over coming home with a bad back and an empty fuel tank.