No TCD but a suburban Manly EP

bombora

Set the alarm for 4 this morn with the intention of driving to Thompsons Creek Dam to do some walking under doc's orders to help a rooted back. Slept through the alarm. Stuffed around during the day but felt guilty not doing the walk I'm meant to do so decided to stumble around Queenie lagoon. I really hate walking when the reason isn't a destination or some isolation so took a rod even though the goon in mid winter is usually tough going. But had a hunch everything in it would have been pushed down by the recent drenching and constant rain _ which caused some lagoon flooding last week _ towards the ocean end. Water was brown, visibility maybe 4-6 inches so tied on a customised 1/8th TT Revhead; painted black leadhead, black thread, orange and black farmed arctic fox tail with a little UV crystal flash, gold willow blade, to get some vibrations happening. Hunch paid off with a 32cm to the fork EP. Fat and healthy suburban fish too.

Edited by bombora

I went up to Manly Dam for a look at the water release. It's a the highest level I've ever seen it. I should have taken the camera. Very murky in the dam. Unfortunately no time to have a wander down stream towards the lagoon. Also unfortunately the outlet valve is a pipe directed back towards the front of the wall of the dam. It'd be a tough fish that survived being spat out of the pipe into the wall.

Yep, Rooted Back, sounds like one of Roy and HG's greyhounds. Not to be confused with the more common rooting back.

Drove up and saw the dam wall too, man there was some water coming out of that pipe and against the wall. Imagine a firehose a metre wide at full bore against a wall two metres away. Fish would all become instant flounders.