Boat Canopy.. Retrim or buy New?

luv_fishn

Hey peoples! The canopy on my Ally Craft Premier is in desperate need of a resto or replacement. Trouble is, im not sure whether to have it re-trimmed or buy a new one. The side clears are in good condition so i don't need to re-trim or replace those. Im pretty sure i wont be able to find the same colour if i buy a new one, which matches the boats interior trim and exterior decals. Does anyone have a rough idea on prices? or other suggestions on what to do?...

Cheers!! :thumbup:

12935_175997377170_674517170_2763509_5024763_n.jpg

17451_284802037170_674517170_3283039_8215876_n.jpg

:1fishing1:

Do you know the name of the dealer who origionally sold the boat , if so , he should be able to advise the name of the trimmer who made the origional covers.

Perhaps he still has the colour available although yours may now be a bit faded.

Here are the colours available from a trimmer at Sutherland. They may be of interest

http://www.mobileboatcovers.com/

Worth a call as his prices are very copetive

Geoff

Do you know the name of the dealer who origionally sold the boat , if so , he should be able to advise the name of the trimmer who made the origional covers.

Perhaps he still has the colour available although yours may now be a bit faded.

Here are the colours available from a trimmer at Sutherland. They may be of interest

http://www.mobileboatcovers.com/

Worth a call as his prices are very copetive

Geoff

Thanks for the info Geoff! i had a look at the canopy and it has the trimmers name and phone number on it :yahoo:

So if they are still in business i will get a quote from them and also the mobilebotcovers.com place and see what they come up with.. Cheers! :beersmile:

Does anyone know what price i should roughly be expecting? so i know i dont have 2 places that are not trying to rip me off :biggrin2:

CHEERS!!

Corey.

Ok so i rang the number on the canopy to no avail, number is disconnected :ranting2:.. So i contacted mobileboatcovers.com and received a quote of $480. Thinking this is too much, i contacted another mobile canopy trimmer with quote of $445. Does this price sound about right for a retrim?

Mate give richos mobile marine boat covers a call he does excellant work atyour place at a good price

he is in the illawarra

mik..

That's the guy i got the quote from ($445), he sounds like a very genuine guy and has been recommended by a few people... Think ill be going with him :biggrin2: