tuna time

mad_mullet

hi people just a quick post here,, went out wednesday 3-8-11 headed out with a mate in his boat (sideshow) it was an awesome day on the water we headed to the mountain for a drop and bagged out with big gems in 2 drops so we decided to start a cube trail with the nice drift we had, after an hour or so both rods go off at once the 24 hooked solid and the 15 took off so hard it half spooled then popped the line before we had a chance to button the drag,,so hooked up on what we knew was a big fish a shark decides to turn up swimming way to close to the line and us frieking out i convince him to leave by sacrificing one of out gems, off he went happy little camper, as we were watching him swim off with his feed another shark says hello, god damn it are you serious, so again i sacrifice a gem and send him on his way,,after a good hour fight with lots of big circles we see colour and he comes to the boat for us, before we knew he was on the deck and we had ourselves a weighed 57kg yellwfin for dinner, as it was dark we decided to head home and call it a day and start the big tour of cleaning,,,,

hope you enjoyed the post

cheers

post-10639-028656700 1312721796_thumb.jpg

hi people just a quick post here,, went out wednesday 3-8-11 headed out with a mate in his boat (sideshow) it was an awesome day on the water we headed to the mountain for a drop and bagged out with big gems in 2 drops so we decided to start a cube trail with the nice drift we had, after an hour or so both rods go off at once the 24 hooked solid and the 15 took off so hard it half spooled then popped the line before we had a chance to button the drag,,so hooked up on what we knew was a big fish a shark decides to turn up swimming way to close to the line and us frieking out i convince him to leave by sacrificing one of out gems, off he went happy little camper, as we were watching him swim off with his feed another shark says hello, god damn it are you serious, so again i sacrifice a gem and send him on his way,,after a good hour fight with lots of big circles we see colour and he comes to the boat for us, before we knew he was on the deck and we had ourselves a weighed 57kg yellwfin for dinner, as it was dark we decided to head home and call it a day and start the big tour of cleaning,,,,

hope you enjoyed the post

cheers

Congrats boys,

Bet you were happy once you had him tail slapping on the bottom of your boat.Well done

MM,

A few nice fish your scored there - nice work. That blue hoodie your wearing in both posts must be very second hand for 2 days of tuna fishing - hope the cook has some heavy duty omo!! A good quality gaff in a must when dealing with good sized fish.

Congrats.

Rabs