BEACH FISHING 7/8/2011

fisholb

Mate, you want me to tell you a story. Ok ill give you one.

We left home around 230pm sunday. The weather wasnt looking good. It started to sprinkle while we were loading our gear in my car. I asked my mate, do u still wanna go? He replied " its up to you" so i said it will be a while before we can go again. Its gonna be the third time if we cancel today. So off we go to the local fish shop and guess what? It was closing already and they already run out of pilchards. So we decided to get a block of pillies at the local tackle shop. Got the bait so off we went. Half way thru it started pouring. I told my mate it will clear by the time we get to the spot. When we got to the spot, the rain spot. We got our gear and head towards the beach. There were about at least 50 surfers. The waves were not that big. Less than a meter. We pick our spot between the surfers. We rigged up using a fav rig. Paternoster rig with 2 small hooks. My 1st cast, my line snapped. So have to re-rig again. While i was rigging up, my mate was on. 1st salmon for the day. So i cast again. Guess what, my line snapped again. Wtf, thats what said to my mate. My mate said check your guide maybe it is cracked or something. We checked but its all good. So had to re rig again. My mate was on his 3rd salmon by the time i cast for the 3rd time. This time my line didnt break. I was gonna just sitdown and watch if it did. After 5 mins, i was on for my 1st salmon. While i was bringing it in the hooks came off. I said to my mate, this will be one of those days. I rebaited and after a couple of minutes i was on again . I keep telling my mate, i hope the hooks will stay this time. Well it didnt. My mate said" change your hooks" so i did. I replace my circle hooks with suicide hooks. After 5 mins, i was on again. I told my mate it the hooks come off then thats it. Ill just watched him. Finally i landed my 1st salmon. For the next 1hr we were catching salmon almost every 10mins. The weather started to get really bad. The wind started topick up and we can see lighting. The surfers started to leave but we kept on fishing. By 6pm we bagged out on the salmon. So i said to my mate"time to go". He replied" one more cast". I said why not. We can hardly see anything and i forgotto bring my headlamp. I saidto my mate, lets pack up. So pick up my rod and started reeling in. It felt heavy but i cant see my line. It took me a while and when i finally saw my sinker i was surprised that there was a tailor at the end of my line. My mate said" do u still wanna go now?" i replied " yeah mate, my arms and shoulders are hurting already. So all up we caught 10 salmon biggest 65cm and 1tailor around 40cm. I lost 4 salmon. Hooks came off when the salmon hit the beach. All up, it was one of our best days fishing.

Hey Fisholb,

I deal with raw data every day at work (I work in IT).

It is sure refreshing to see the raw data presented in a report, story-style.

It gives your experience depth, colour and realism.

Sold-out pilles, snapping line, pulled hooks, frustration, rain, wind, surfers and a pile of fish in the dark with no headlamp.

Now that's an experience !!

Tony

hahahaha I could just about see the steam coming out of your ears lol!!! Thanks for sharing.

Was it old line or hurried knots?

Spanker

must be my line. havent changed my line since last xmas. been using the same reel and line around once a month since then. no worries mate.

What beach were you fishing from fella?

im sorry i cant tell you exactly where is the spot. all i can say is it is located down south of sydney. it is near the national park. hope this helps. my mate told me" to keep it a secret".

im sorry i cant tell you exactly where is the spot. all i can say is it is located down south of sydney. it is near the national park. hope this helps. my mate told me" to keep it a secret".

Thats all they want mate, stories! Like old ladies reading mills and boon novels ha ha ha!

I love the "straight to the point" format mate well done on getting out there and poling in a few!

Its what its all about

:thumbup:

Musty

• 3 weeks later...

Sound like Stanwell beach or Wattamalla.