Tiger Shark

Singers83

So just to answer a few of the questions popping up....

We hooked up at ~ 12:45 am, landed the fish just after 3 am.... so ~ 2.5 hrs fight time - we were lucky in that we snared a good clean hookup. It's surprising how much hurt you can put on a fish with 6 kg. Personally i was lucky to have our skipper grabbing the leader - he comes with a guarentee - it's great to have such confidence in your crew.

Since we were fishing out of a 19 ft runabout (Haines Hunter V19R, 1971.... the smallest boat in the comp!) we were unable to bring it about, and so we were forced to tow it back to the ramp, a trip taking us 3.5 hrs!

The measurements were:

Length (nose to fork): 2750 (9.2 ft)

Length (nose to tip of tail): 3300 (11 ft)

Girth: 1750 (5.8 ft)

.....So a very fat fish - according to the charts, a tiger of that length should only weigh 223 kg....

It's actually a pending IGFA world record, so fingers crosed the line breaks under!

Cheers,

Singers

hi singers can i ask what type and brand of fishing line you were using thanks peter

Yeah captainpete... We use Platypus Signature Pretest IGFA rated mono for all our line class fishing. Trace is PVC coated 49 strand..

Cheers

Singers

So just to answer a few of the questions popping up....

We hooked up at ~ 12:45 am, landed the fish just after 3 am.... so ~ 2.5 hrs fight time - we were lucky in that we snared a good clean hookup. It's surprising how much hurt you can put on a fish with 6 kg. Personally i was lucky to have our skipper grabbing the leader - he comes with a guarentee - it's great to have such confidence in your crew.

Since we were fishing out of a 19 ft runabout (Haines Hunter V19R, 1971.... the smallest boat in the comp!) we were unable to bring it about, and so we were forced to tow it back to the ramp, a trip taking us 3.5 hrs!

The measurements were:

Length (nose to fork): 2750 (9.2 ft)

Length (nose to tip of tail): 3300 (11 ft)

Girth: 1750 (5.8 ft)

.....So a very fat fish - according to the charts, a tiger of that length should only weigh 223 kg....

It's actually a pending IGFA world record, so fingers crosed the line breaks under!

Cheers,

Singers

How Exciting!!! all the best with your record! I hope you get it.

• 1 month later...