Fixing the seat angle at rest

helliconia

Currently my boat has a pedestal seat and I've been looking at upgrading them since they're not real comfortable for extended periods.

While looking into seat boxes I realised something about the current position of the seats. When the boat is at rest in the water it sits tail down a bit which means the floor is not level with the water (and the planet!). This causes the bum part of the seat to also point downhill when the seat is rotated towards the stern. This angles the back of the seat towards the stern and leaves you perching on the edge of it - hence the discomfort.

Any ideas on how to level it? The tricky part is I don't want the same problem when the boat is on the plane and level with the seat facing forward.

I want to put a pair of seat boxes in with tackle storage to free up floor space in the back but there isn't much point til I solve this problem.

{EDIT}

I've been thinking some more about this and I think what I need is a rocker or gimbal of some sort. Something that will allow me to tilt the seat base forward and back.

Anyone seen anything like this?

Edited by EmptyHooks

Currently my boat has a pedestal seat and I've been looking at upgrading them since they're not real comfortable for extended periods.

While looking into seat boxes I realised something about the current position of the seats. When the boat is at rest in the water it sits tail down a bit which means the floor is not level with the water (and the planet!). This causes the bum part of the seat to also point downhill when the seat is rotated towards the stern. This angles the back of the seat towards the stern and leaves you perching on the edge of it - hence the discomfort.

Any ideas on how to level it? The tricky part is I don't want the same problem when the boat is on the plane and level with the seat facing forward.

I want to put a pair of seat boxes in with tackle storage to free up floor space in the back but there isn't much point til I solve this problem.

{EDIT}

I've been thinking some more about this and I think what I need is a rocker or gimbal of some sort. Something that will allow me to tilt the seat base forward and back.

Anyone seen anything like this?

Your boat should sit level when on plane, so seats should be set up level with boat floor, if your boat is not level at rest then maybe look at moving load around to make level.