Drilling holes

rockfisherman

hahaha good reply :)

What sort of lights are you installing?

I put 2 x 1 metre LED strips under the gunwales of my runabout. No drilling required, just glued them to the hull so they're out of direct sight but flood the floor with light.

If you don't have a wide enough gunwale for this, try putting them inside a length of plastic or aluminium channel and glue that in with the open side facing down. The strips cost me about $30 each.

I guess I would be referring to the outer channel which runs right around the tinny.

The bit where the oar brackets holes are attached to.

That's the gunwale. I've seen them put LED or globed lights facing into the boat, but I think you'll find they are too bright like that and ruin your vision in the dark.

If you put the LED strips up under that channel it will light the floor brightly but not shine directly in your eyes.

Ica514584-1f97-2358.jpg

You can see the little hole where wires pass thru, that's the bit I was talking about.

If you haven't already connected them, think about putting some heat shrink tube over the wires all the way up to the back of the light. It will help protect the sheathing on the cables where it passes through the aluminium.

Just a thought.