Coogee yesterday

brudus

Been a while since I have been outside so was very much looking forward to a day out.

Called in to my favorite tackle shop in Kyeemagh for the latest news, tips and bait. Tuna out Browns or Morwong off Coogee, NE expected in the afternoon making Coogee the destination of choice. So filled up the bait bucket with pillies and prawns and headed off.

Finished the day with a mixed bag of Morwong, flathead, pinkies, tarwhine and nannagui, eagerly shared by friends, family and the neighbours.

The neighbours were kind enough to help out with the eating.

As an added bonus on my return to Cooks River ramp I was met by two well dressed young fellows who identified themselves as Fisheries. Not sure if they were joking but they asked where in the bay I had been lucky.

post-7418-096027500 1313662012_thumb.jpg

Edited by brudus

Excellent catch there. Seemed to be an excellent day to be on the water and it definitly beat being at work.

Good to see fishraiders sharing their catch with their neighbours too. My neighbours love the fish I bring home to them because I normally do not eat a whole lot of fish.

Great mixed bag there brudus. Some big mowies. :thumbup:

What depth were you fishing? And were you anchored or drifting?

Also, did you get the tarwhine offshore because I've only ever caught them in close, or off the beach?

Good to see the catch shared with family and neighbours. There's a top seafood feast in that lot. :thumbup:

Cheers

Peter

Great mixed bag there brudus. Some big mowies. :thumbup:

What depth were you fishing? And were you anchored or drifting?

Also, did you get the tarwhine offshore because I've only ever caught them in close, or off the beach?

Good to see the catch shared with family and neighbours. There's a top seafood feast in that lot. :thumbup:

Cheers

Peter

Hi Peter,

All were caught drifting in 45 to 55 metres of water, including the tarwhine.

Cheers

Brudus

nice catch mate, I was confronted by a well dressed slightly chuby guy at cooks when I had my stebercraft couple years ago, asked if I caught anything I said no but Jumped aboard and checked the whole boat out, I had a nice Grin and said Told you so mate.