Broken rod:(

rjc123

Hey raiders, today had a bit of a mishap.. As i loaded my Shimano Jewell 702 spin into the car it slipped a bit out of place.. I placed it so it would avoid the doors but unfortunately it slipped and snap! The car door snapped the top 30cm off the rod. They are only just over $100 so no biggy but just wondering if it is fixable? Any tips would be fantastic!

Not worth trying to fix it the action will be crap. I did a similar thing to a jewel 702 and took it back to the shop i got it from. I intended to just order in a new top half, which you can do from shimano, but the guy in the shop put it through as a warranty job and gave me a new one..

Ben

Not worth trying to fix it the action will be crap. I did a similar thing to a jewel 702 and took it back to the shop i got it from. I intended to just order in a new top half, which you can do from shimano, but the guy in the shop put it through as a warranty job and gave me a new one..

Ben

The boys from Shimano wont be happy to read this post.

Not all that fare on them

Baldy

Baldy

Compare the prices of shimano gear in Australia to overseas and then tell me whats fair. If i can get a bit back i don't really give a .... about what the boys from shimano think.

Ben

you can buy such things called nibble tips that slip straight on to the end of the rod like a small extention, however finding someone who stocks them is a bit tricky, I personally dont know of any one in sydney but someone else on FR may be able to help there possibly. You really need to take the rod and find the correct size nibble tip to suit your broken rod. I would imagine that they would slightly affect the original action of the rod though,but at least the rod is usable again.

Hope this helps.

pete.

you can buy such things called nibble tips that slip straight on to the end of the rod like a small extention, however finding someone who stocks them is a bit tricky, I personally dont know of any one in sydney but someone else on FR may be able to help there possibly. You really need to take the rod and find the correct size nibble tip to suit your broken rod. I would imagine that they would slightly affect the original action of the rod though,but at least the rod is usable again.

Hope this helps.

pete.

Nibble tips are awesome and have a strong following in the bait fishing fraternity especially with coarse fisho's. If I bought a graphite rod like a jewel for lure fishing a nibble tip would make it very awkward to fish a lure with.

Personally I like rod's that have insurances like Nitro's and Lox's where if you damage the tip you can pay $50 or $60 for a replacement tips.

Having said that I don't like what Shimano have done with the Loomis expeditor warranty once they took over.

Baldy

Mate, im not at all blaming shimano for this accident. Just wondering if it could be fixed but i think the best option is to just get another one..