Carss Park, again.

clemsy

Hi guys,

took advantage of a great day and headed out to Carss Park for another SP run. Was first to arrive, which was great, and a couple of casts in and had a big fish hooked on my squidgy, after a few runs, it busted off. Don't even know what it was :( (saw some silver though). After about an hour got hooked onto a flathead, 41cm, which was a new record for me as this is my 5th attempt at SPs.

During the late arvo, more people came to fish and this bloke caught a ~2kg bream on bread and other guys caught lots of mullet and garfish. I caught another flathead, probably just under 20cm. Switched to finger/stick bait and didn't catch anything but got felt some decent hits.

Is it harder to get hooked onto fingerbaits then squidgies? Or is it cause my fingerbait is 9cm and my squidgy is around 3.5cm? It just seems that the pelagic fish like the fingerbaits more? Just wandering.

Anyway it was a great day and had loads of fun and practice with SPs.

post-19359-026797800 1314173207_thumb.jpg

Clemzi,

Too bad about the one that got away sounds to me like either a sizable bream or possibly a jew, keep persisting with the sp's and you will get a jew 100%,

I only wish I could listen to my own advise but I am a lazy bugger.

Well done, keep the reports coming,

Regards,

Nathan