Another Day At Parra, 10th June

bmar560

I finished my assignment early so I gave Darryl a call yesterday to ask him if he can fish today. He said YES so off we go to fish the parra one more time.

First stop was my favourite bay where I've caught some decent fish, but no breams were caught from there today only one undersize bream from a pontoon caught by Darryl.

Next stop was Five Dock, where I opened my account with a 36cm bream. Darryl also had a hook up at the same time. We fished another un-productive bay after that, then we were off to Lane Cove to re-live Tuesday's fishing.

We fished the boats around Lane Cove river and we found ourselves in a 'tight' country... casting was difficult but all the hardwork was paid off. We were fishing in between boats, where I hooked up a decent 35cm bream, BUT the one that followed my fish up was way BIGGER... I shouted at Darryl to drop his jig down. As soon as I land my fish we went back to the place where I got the hookup. Darryl got slammmed!!! big time, the fish turned and wanted to go back to his old hiding spot. I turned on the leccy and turned the boat...... The bream turned his turbo on and made a few strong runs, as Darryl brought it up to the surface, the fish turned one more time this time bursting his 6lb leader in the process BUGGER !!! it was at least a 38cm bream.

We moved on, and fished the boat hulls, we landed about 6-8 more breams all around the 28-30cm mark. While I was casting at a boat Darryl made a cast towards a pontoon with his new Bream Reaper rod, he got slammed again !!! the Certate was playing our favourite tune. The bream was landed and it measured 40cm to the tail. A nice blue nose bream. Sadly to say that was our last bream for the day. We fished a couple more boats and came up with nothing.

Darryl caught his breams on 2" bass minnows. I caught mine on 2"watermelon Hawgs.

Here are the pictures:

2005610171813_2breams.JPG

2005610171826_chopstix.JPG

2005610171913_darryl.JPG

2005610171927_marioBream.JPG

200561017208_close%20up.JPG

We'll be out again on Sunday.

Cheers, have a good Long Weekend and good luck for everyone fishing the ABT this weekend,

Mario

Guest Jocool

GEEZ Mario...Wasn't long a go you couldn't catch a bream on SP to save your life! Your doing great guns now mate! :thumbup: Good going.

GEEZ Mario...Wasn't long a go you couldn't catch a bream on SP to save your life! Your doing great guns now mate! :thumbup: Good going.

52080[/snapback]

Thanks Joe,

As it is the same for any other species. The first fish is the hardest, it took me about a 4-5 trips to catch my first bream on SP, after the first one, 2nd, 3rd, 4th... etc is easy.

Once you hooked the first one, somehow the fish will start jumping on your lures. :)

Same goes when I started chasing kingies last year and start of this year. Next summer I'll start targetting kingies with SP's :1naughty:

trev,

IMHO try the lower reaches of the river, the upper reaches hasn't been producing lately.

cheers,

Mario

Edited by bmar560

thanks for the report guys, I enjoyed reading it. 

One day I'll get to the Parra myself.

52130[/snapback]

No worries granpop, when you get to Parra.. let me know and I'll take you out for some bream.

Anyway, me and Darryl went and wet our lines at Parra again this morning. It wasn't even half as good as Friday.

Stressful day for me with only 1 undersize bream :ranting2: .The only one solid hookup went bad, when my 4lb leader slid through the jig head. :ranting2::ranting2:

Darryl had a decent bag, 3 bream around the 30cm mark, and few smaller ones.

Lane Cove was dead !! :1yikes: either we went at the wrong time or the fish was just not there.

cheers,

Mario