BARRACUTA OFF LONGREEF

craigbutcher

Hi Raiders,

Fished the Wall off Long Reef this morning and landed a solid Barracuta on a yakka.

Can you eat these fish? I bled it and put it on ice right away.

Cheers

Butch

The cuta's are pretty thick out there at the moment and as far as eating them there not a highly rated table fish.

The cuta's are pretty thick out there at the moment and as far as eating them there not a highly rated table fish.

I fished the wall yesterday, (tried my wider marks but wind, current and swell not working together so I opted to fish close) I didn't have any trouble with them, I berlyed pretty hard. Did have a few livies smashed up with not hook up. Got a good sized blue groper (72cm), heaps of small crap and one take home snapper.

I fished the wall yesterday, (tried my wider marks but wind, current and swell not working together so I opted to fish close) I didn't have any trouble with them, I berlyed pretty hard. Did have a few livies smashed up with not hook up. Got a good sized blue groper (72cm), heaps of small crap and one take home snapper.

did you take a pic of the blue groper? awesome looking fish

did you take a pic of the blue groper? awesome looking fish

No didn't think about it till I'd was cooking him last night, great tasting ! with heaps of meat on it. Was not going to get into it in the other post but a funny thing happen when i caught it .... I went out early-ish and I hate being cold so I was wearing thermals under my pants so mid morning I went to take the thermals off, so when I'm at the point of just being in my undies I see a small tap on my bait line then the rod doubles over, while I'm fighting it another boat goes by (wonder what was going through their mind seeing some guy in a t-shirt and undies)took me a while to boat as i had trouble netting it and didn't want to use the gaff as i was considering throwing it back but it had blown out its swim bladder which as strange since i was only in about 15m so ended up keeping it. Gave a good fight