Electric Reels

Slink

Hi All ,

I have been using a mates electric reel at browns , getting good gemmies and am now looking at going halves in an outfit with another mate . What is everyone using and are you happy with it ? Looking at the tanacoms , various others , but really I dont know much about them, so I figured its best to get advise from people who have owned one.

A secondhand one would be a lot more affordable too , so if you know of one please PM me.

Thanks heaps

Brad

hey champ b4 you waste your money on it there mite be a ban on electric reels theres a post about it on the forum not saying that the reels are a waste of money its that you mite bye it and not get to use it

Edited by SQUIDIN

yea you mite get 1 for half the price haha

regardless of brands (your budget will help work that out). First and most important is the amount of line it can hold if you have less that 700m your wasting your time don't go thinking you'll fish browns with 400m of line. Just remember that the brand of line you use will most likely be the cheaper brands that are thick for their strength.

I use a ryobi AD 100, I'm happy with it.

Edited by pure spirit

hey champ b4 you waste your money on it there mite be a ban on electric reels theres a post about it on the forum not saying that the reels are a waste of money its that you mite bye it and not get to use it

This is an urban myth - simply not true.

Tuffy

• 3 weeks later...

I'm also looking at an electric after using a Penn International 30TW to drag up the Gemfish at Browns.

Pulling up 2-3kg lead 400+ metres is hard work. Only a couple of drops and I'm exhausted.

Waiting to hear if they ban the reels before I invest in one. They're not cheap.