another smokey engine

petdos

:wacko: Hi to all,if have read the other replies on smokey motors,mine pretty similar,just wondering ,can the different types of fuel make a difference with the smoke,also can any body tell me where to find what model my motor is ,does'nt come up when i put it in the murcury site,its a 75 merc ,ser # on motor is OG241419,any help would be very much appreciated,thanks peter. :thumbup:

:wacko: Hi to all,if have read the other replies on smokey motors,mine pretty similar,just wondering ,can the different types of fuel make a difference with the smoke,also can any body tell me where to find what model my motor is ,does'nt come up when i put it in the murcury site,its a 75 merc ,ser # on motor is OG241419,any help would be very much appreciated,thanks peter. :thumbup:

If you mean by model (year) google search says 1995

Cheers

As others have said , it's the oil , not the petrol.

Am I correct in saying your using pre mix , ie , adding oil to the fuel , if so the mix should be 50:1 (100ml of oil to 5 lt fuel)

Suggest you confirm this mix with Craig (Huey)& consider using either XD50 or XD100

Geoff

As others have said , it's the oil , not the petrol.

Am I correct in saying your using pre mix , ie , adding oil to the fuel , if so the mix should be 50:1 (100ml of oil to 5 lt fuel)

Suggest you confirm this mix with Craig (Huey)& consider using either XD50 or XD100

Geoff

Hi geoff thanks for reply,but no its oil injected,thanks.

Hi, are you sure it is not oil injected because it would of left the factory as that and is a very sturdy and reliable system that is crankshaft driven. If you are adding oil to the petrol and she is oil injected that could explain more than the usual smoke for a carby engine but also as the guys have said cheap oil will smoke more than better oil like the synthetic stuff around today. Have you owned since new or just bought this rig?

Also if the oil pump link is not adjusted correctly on your 75HP that can use more oil and yes IF it is running very rich in the fuel/air mixtures that can affect smoke but also they do not idle nice either with a rich mixture. Has it ever been serviced by someone who knows what they are doing and confirm that it is in fact NOT oil injected and if it is not oil injeced use XD-50 but XD-100 is the best if oil injected.

Cheers,

Huey.