Navionics Cards

bream111

Recently I had a discussion with an officer from Marine Park Authority about the various Sanctuary Zones in the state. He stated that all of MPA craft had Navionic Cards that showed all the Sanctuary Zones etc. I contacted Navionics and they have a Gold card that costs close to $400.00. The salesman indicated that they would provide updates for 12 months. After 12 months if I wanted any updates I could trade in my Gold Card for a new one and pay a further $200.00

I am planning a trip up to the Gulf in May / June 2012. I am of the understanding that these Gold Cards have all the Marine Park Sanctuary Zones around Australia. So it makes sense to buy one. At present I have a Humminbird 798CI fishfinder/GPS.

The question is. Are there any other options out there? Or is Navionics the only mob that provides the coordinates of all the various State's MPA Sanctuary Zones etc?

Do you have an iphone/ipad?

You can get the new Navionics App AU&NZ for $15.99.

It works quite well as a backup or second chart plotter.

I have the old and the new App on my phone. What I like with the new app, you pick the map of the area you need and the map will be stored on your phone. so it will work without mobile reception.

Do you have an iphone/ipad?

You can get the new Navionics App AU&NZ for $15.99.

It works quite well as a backup or second chart plotter.

I have the old and the new App on my phone. What I like with the new app, you pick the map of the area you need and the map will be stored on your phone. so it will work without mobile reception.

I will have an Iphone as soon as my daughter gives mine back to me or I buy another one. I reckon I'll put my hand in my pocket yet again. What Princess wants.................. The apps may be the way to go.