Spring line burners

chewie

With all this crazy weather driving me Bananas, I've been chomping at the bit to get out for a fish.

Opting for a cheeky Harbour landbased session, I fished for a few hours on Sunday morning. Armed with a bag of worms we found a spot out of the wind and had a cracker session targeting Whiting.

We ended up landing 12 Whiting, and a keeper Bream. We kept 8 for the table and released the Bream and 4 smaller keeper sized Whiting.

It was a great way to spend a few hours in the sun fishing with the girlfriend. I forgot how much i enjoy fishing for these little line burners.

post-17369-017201900 1315788128_thumb.jpg

With all this crazy weather driving me Bananas, I've been chomping at the bit to get out for a fish.

Opting for a cheeky Harbour landbased session, I fished for a few hours on Sunday morning. Armed with a bag of worms we found a spot out of the wind and had a cracker session targeting Whiting.

We ended up landing 12 Whiting, and a keeper Bream. We kept 8 for the table and released the Bream and 4 smaller keeper sized Whiting.

It was a great way to spend a few hours in the sun fishing with the girlfriend. I forgot how much i enjoy fishing for these little line burners.

post-17369-017201900 1315788128_thumb.jpg

You lucky bastard!!!!! so jealous. if my missus liked fishing at all, i'd be able to go heaps more often.

you get to go fishing.. with your girlfriend!! and you get a good bag!!! 3 in 1 Bro!

You lucky bastard!!!!! so jealous. if my missus liked fishing at all, i'd be able to go heaps more often.

you get to go fishing.. with your girlfriend!! and you get a good bag!!! 3 in 1 Bro!

Oh Maan, I got my gal interested in fishing, she went from zero interest :1onono: to hero :thumbup: on her first bite. if you can get her interested, it makes life sooooo much easier. the thing that held her back was the bordom, :( often giving up in disgust before catching anything ' i don't know what you blokes see in this fishing lark' sort of thing. all changed when she caught her first fish though, :yahoo: no stopping her now! loves the rush of a catch, and the feast after. she saw a decent Snapper on one of the TV shows, and wants to catch one, a big one......don't we all

Well done on your catch mate. The one on your right looks massive.

The whole topic about catching whiting seems to be little interest to most raiders.

The main topic seems to be How can i get my gf to be more intested in fishing...

Same as me... how? Tried taking my gf fishing.... not really working.

What do i do in this situation, when my gf's not interested at all.

Whiting were also continually picking at baits inshore on Sunday off Sydney. Those with smaller hooks boated a few but those with larger hooks grabbed the bigger model flatties that love to hang around for a feed of whiting. Perhaps next time at least we could put one small hook on top of the leader.

Hi there, Any chance of you sharing your spot for some whiting. I too am only fortunate to fish from land, which does mean that fishing is limited. Are you fishing on the Beach? Also do you catch/ collect your own beach worms?

Kind Regards

Squid_jig

Thanks for the replies raiders!

Like I said it was a cracker session. The larger models went 38ish.

Sand grouper and errol, behave! I recall cleaning all the fish!

As to getting the gf interested in fishing. Make sure it's comfortable, catch fish, preferably edible ones and have short sessions.

As to whiting spots, look on google maps for an area that's 90% sand with some scattered reef or weed in about 1.5 meters and your in with a shot. Whiting prefer shallower water and fresh live bait is a must if you want to target them. I try to fish out of the wind so its more pleasant and also allows you to try different spots.