fish finder help

carloi27

Hi raiders im looking to buy a new fish finder for the boat i need some help. Im looking at the Lowrance range.Looking at the elite-5 the elite-5xDSI or hds-5x has any one got one of this models or has played with one of this.What are your forts and recommendations.I fish in botany bay and just out side the heads gorges river nelson bay lake Macquarie an some times Sydney harbor.

I just upgraded from a basic Humminbird fish finder to a new Lowrance Elite 5 combo. i had a look at the Elite 5 DSI but didnt like the narrow beam or its field of view and i thought it was not very realistic for what we would be using it for. i do like the Australia wide Navionics charts that were included with the unit (Elite 5). i am still getting used to the sonar compared with my old one but i do like the ease of use, interface and layout so i am happy with it and once i use it more i would be glad to pass on any recommendation or bad points about it as i see fit. there are so many units out there these days that it all comes down to marketing and product support. take your time, have a good look at them all and beyond the glossy features, find one that is best going to suit your needs. you cant really go wrong with whatever you decide upon. i am not sure of your budget but try to buy the best one without all the widgets so you get bang for your buck.

Good luck with the search.

regards

:thumbup:

Edited by bisso

• 2 months later...