Gymea Bay

Yowie

Fished Gymea Bay to the north end early this morning, a bit of colour after the rain and expecting a few fish, but not the case. One small jew at 48cm, but it did not look too good after being landed. Put it in the fish box to see how it was going, and it died soon after. Would not have survived being released, but that was the only fish.

Was thinking of going home, and moved just out of Gymea Bay. Burleyed up and put the lines out, and things were quiet. Was thinking of packing up and pulled out a 38cm tailor, and shortly after a just legal reddie amongst the bait stealers. Then pulled out 2 small flatties, 43cm and just a bit smaller. Not a lot, but a few fillets for tea, bread crumbed, pan fried and washed down with a nice bottle of riesling.

Yowie.

I was at Gymea Bay too, I was at the baths at around 6:30. Had a lot of surface action with bonito and tailor, but they weren't biting any of my lures or others baits. I had a bonito follow my lure straight to the surface but it was all look and no touch.

I was at Gymea Bay too, I was at the baths at around 6:30. Had a lot of surface action with bonito and tailor, but they weren't biting any of my lures or others baits. I had a bonito follow my lure straight to the surface but it was all look and no touch.

What looked like bonito splashes were happening around the boat occasionally but no hits on the lure.

Hey yowie have u caught any decent Jews in gymea iv only caught undersized 1s at the entrance on the corner of gymea

I don't normally fish Gymea Bay much, but I do hear of reasonable size ones being caught now and then, just a matter of perseverance and a bigger one should turn up.

Fished Gymea Bay to the north end early this morning, a bit of colour after the rain and expecting a few fish, but not the case. One small jew at 48cm, but it did not look too good after being landed. Put it in the fish box to see how it was going, and it died soon after. Would not have survived being released, but that was the only fish.

Was thinking of going home, and moved just out of Gymea Bay. Burleyed up and put the lines out, and things were quiet. Was thinking of packing up and pulled out a 38cm tailor, and shortly after a just legal reddie amongst the bait stealers. Then pulled out 2 small flatties, 43cm and just a bit smaller. Not a lot, but a few fillets for tea, bread crumbed, pan fried and washed down with a nice bottle of riesling.

Yowie.

Hey Yowie,

That's a very worthwhile catch - several species on that smorgas board.

You'd be doing well if you ate all those fillets for tea AND a whole bottle or Riesling....

Tony

Hey Yowie,

That's a very worthwhile catch - several species on that smorgas board.

You'd be doing well if you ate all those fillets for tea AND a whole bottle or Riesling....

Tony

Shared it with the missus and daughter (usually have to force feed them, as they are not big fish eaters) and a couple of fillets saved for mum. When the son heard it was fish for tea, he took off with his mates.

Dave.

Shared it with the missus and daughter (usually have to force feed them, as they are not big fish eaters) and a couple of fillets saved for mum. When the son heard it was fish for tea, he took off with his mates.

Dave.

I see your son loves fish as much as mine does.

Only problem with my son taking off is that he can't reach the accelerator with his foot yet - he's only 10....