New Boat

Fab1

Does anyone have information on a quintrex estuary angler millenium hull Runabout, and if so are they a well built decent safe boat for estuary/lake/river fishing for myself and my 16yr old son to enjoy some fishing.Pros/cons would be appreciated.

Hi, if you have your heart set on a Quinny, they are fine boats but the ride of any boat is determined by the deadrise at the stern and the Millenium hull is a moderate vee at best at the stern. You should also look at the Stacer 449 Seaway with the softer riding and more stable EVO hull, that is proevn hull design. All glass boats have a similar hull shape and many alloy boats now have copied this hull shape because it works ans having a full bow like the Stacer does also helps with buoyancy when the nose dips in following seas. The EVO hull has a deep vee (for a tinny) at the stern with reversed chines for good stability. One is leaving today and I water tested it thru the week and there is not a better riding 4.5M production alloy boat made-that is fact. The price is also very reasonable even with a clean tech engine and PM me if you would like some details.

Cheers,

Huey.

I have a 2005 4.2 estuary angler with a 40hp yammie.

Great boat with 2 people. Mine isn't the millennium hull and I can only imagine It's better. Handles most weather you will find in bays and estuaries. very easy to launch and retrieve and store.

My advice is do not get one with a 30hp as it needs the 40hp.

Mike

Hi Mike,

Can you tell me if it is able to be towed by a 2.0 4cyl petrol with a Max unbraked tow capacity 600kg,or should i use my hilux as i would prefer to use the 4cyl on longer trips rather than the v6 petrol hilux that is a great car other than it drinks fuel like it,s going out of fashion if at all possible.

thanks Fabian.