Out from Botany bay

Formosan

Hi

Thought I'll contribute after reading many good posts here.

Bro in law and a mate, Went out on Saturday on a recently acquire boat, Out from Botany to a spot where the depth turns from 80 to 60 meters. The new boat handled the off shore conditions well and gives me alot of confidence.

Jig and bottom bash there for a few a fish. Then the leather Jackets came and bit off all our rigs. Lost two knife jigs, countless sinkers and hooks. Damm annoying, headed in closer and drifted for flatties and got plenty most were undersize, kept some legals for the table.

Special Thanks goes out to Cungee George and Mcfishin for the flat head drift tips.

Then manage a just legal King on the way back inside at Dhype's favourite point. We always see him there.

post-7044-015951400 1317560257_thumb.jpg

Edited by Formosan

Hi

Thought I'll contribute after reading many good posts here.

Bro in law and a mate, Went out on Saturday on a recently acquire boat, Out from Botany to a spot where the depth turns from 80 to 60 meters. The new boat handled the off shore conditions well and gives me alot of confidence.

Jig and bottom bash there for a few a fish. Then the leather Jackets came and bit off all our rigs. Lost two knife jigs, countless sinkers and hooks. Damm annoying, headed in closer and drifted for flatties and got plenty most were undersize, kept some legals for the table.

Special Thanks goes out to Cungee George and Mcfishin for the flat head drift tips.

Then manage a just legal King on the way back inside at Dhype's favourite point. We always see him there.

Nice feed you have there..

You must have landed the only legal kingfish in Botany on Saturday, we did not see anyone pull any kingfish over the side all day.. well done!

Did you get the King on livies, bait or lures?

I think I saw you/your boat at molli point - you in a blue Formosa ?

Come say hi next time you see me.. i'm drifting around Botany just about every weekend! (spending too much time fishing and not enough time cutting the lawn at home!!)

Cheers

Trung

Nice haul. I was crying when i missed the fine weather saturday due to getting suited up for a mates wedding.

It looked like the only good day according to seabreeze, was good up till about 1 pm, the swell picked up in the arvo.

Nice feed you have there..

You must have landed the only legal kingfish in Botany on Saturday, we did not see anyone pull any kingfish over the side all day.. well done!

Did you get the King on livies, bait or lures?

I think I saw you/your boat at molli point - you in a blue Formosa ?

Come say hi next time you see me.. i'm drifting around Botany just about every weekend! (spending too much time fishing and not enough time cutting the lawn at home!!)

Cheers

Trung

Hey Trung

The boat is white , Were you out on Saturday? I am formally known as Wrong bait. Met you on your old boat but haven't seen your polly yet. The kingy took a squid strip.

And isn't it our luck, Just when the fishign hots up, the lawn will grow quicker now in the hotter weather.

A good mixed bag there mate, Cungee George would be proud of that :thumbup:

Thanks , Thought I'll contribute to the common good and don't throw the leather jackets back, pesky things :(.

Great haul and what away to christen the new boat!

Thanks , can't wait to land big flatties like yours.

well done mate nice mixed bag there glad 2 help out!! :thumbup:

Thanks for the tips, the key bit about draggig on the floor is the trick :)

:thumbup:

well done good mixed bag there mate good to see the bay is firing.

Thanks, I think it can only get better.

Well done Anthony on a nice mix bag of fish, did well on the flatties too. I don't know if you know but the flatty fillets you can skin them like the leather jackets. Luck you for getting out there on the best day out of this whole long weekend, actually all week. Did you try some of the bait i told you for those flatties.

Cheers cg.

Didn't know I can rip the jackets off a flatty :thumbup: I'll try next time. I think these are tiger or blue spot flatties and like you said they just seemed to eat anything thrown at them. Prawns squids pillies. With two hooks I often pull up two fish at the same time, thinking it would be decent only to find two small fries dangling . :1prop: Thanks for the advice. now..any tips for big squids? :074:

Nice mixed bag- sounds like you got the same window of fishing before the weather closed in as we did up in Forster... There were hardly any boats out which is unheard of on the October Long Weekend. As they say, fortune favors the brave!

That's one big stinky pike you got there!! I would have stuck a hook in his back and sent him back down for a kingy! :biggrin2: