yamaha power tilt trim stator 40 hp 2stroke

lambo

gday

my ptt stator is starting to externally rust and i guess it wont be long before it goes thru to the innards, which will be an expensive hassle.

it seems the aussie motor model numbers are unique to here and as the stator is quite expensive to buy here, i was thinking of buying it in usa over the net, but need to somehow get the equivalent usa model number of my motor.

does anyone know how to do this ?

yamaha wont help, as they want to support the local dealers, but from guess work on the model numbers in usa, the part is much cheaper there than here.

any ideas

cheers

hey mate. same theing happened to mine and its the exact same motor.

would cost round 4 -6 hundread to replace. so instead i went to whitworths and bought this anti rust/anti corosion paint and painted it.

painted it w while ago and still very strong with no signs of any more rust. The paints pricey at $40-50 for a tinny tin but its worth it.

if you decide to do what ive done make sure you give it a good sand before painting to get all the little rust flakes off.

cheers

hey mate. same theing happened to mine and its the exact same motor.

would cost round 4 -6 hundread to replace. so instead i went to whitworths and bought this anti rust/anti corosion paint and painted it.

painted it w while ago and still very strong with no signs of any more rust. The paints pricey at $40-50 for a tinny tin but its worth it.

if you decide to do what ive done make sure you give it a good sand before painting to get all the little rust flakes off.

cheers

thanks. hv done this but the rust is starting to come thru again. i think i waited too long to try to arrest the problem.

cheers

• 1 month later...

Hey mate do you know what's the model number of the one you have? Or the year of your motor?

thanks mate and sri for delay-been away. its a 200040 cv xwt 66t l. any help wud be appreciated

cheers