Shotgun pole for tag line

Hi Raiders ,

I am gathering information on making a shotgun pole that I can place in the rocket launcher and fish like a outrigger. I have a 5mt Seafarer and can only run a rod in each corner when trolling . Last summer I simply put the rod in the rocket launcher as the shotgun , it worked OK but we didn't hook up on anything other than stripies , so when I am trolling around the shelf this summer I want to be able to have the rod next to me instead of over my head. I have bought larger 24kg equipment so now I will be getting a bit more serious.

I was also thinking of getting a set of outriggers but I think that it will be a bit chaotic when we do get a decent fish as the boat is only small and not heaps of room to move . Also I like to have a maximum of 3 anglers onboard but usually its just 2 so simpler is better for now.

Has anyone got the same setup as me ? Did you make your own setup ?

Where can I buy a unit already setup ?

Also I am thinking of getting a secondhand old rod ( fairly stiff ) and making on from it ?

Any feedback will help

Thanks fellas

Brad

mate its a good thing ,soon after i hooked a fish in the rocket launcher i got a shotgun pole,much cheaper then dropping a tiagra in the drink ,lol,the stiffer the pole the better,so surf rods aren't real good,all you need is two eye bolts/a tag line return and 2 cork balls or foam floats and your away

ive got a used spare pole here so if you get stuck chasing one up let me know ,im thinking $100,i was keeping it just incase i broke a pole

if you need a hand to set it up just ask and il draw it up for you if needed

cheers

Slink, the last thing you want to do is put a rod into a rocket launcher for a shotgun. Plenty of reasons one being it is designed to hold rods, have heard of loaded combos going into the sea and it is bloody hard to get a loaded rod out of a rocket launcher with an angry marlin attached not to mention falling in the process etc etc. Take magoo on the offer or just look up outrigger setups and just buy a shotgun pole to suit.

I had a similar problem and solved it by getting a short length 2.0m of 30mm alloy pipe.

Drilled holes in and set up a pulley and release clip and line through ss saddles. Put the pipe up in the rocket launcher and feed the line from the rod placed in a rod holder down on deck level or in the gunnel up to the release clip. You can then clip the line in to the release clip/ peg and run it up the pole like a flag. Fish hits, line releases and simple to pick up rod from gunnel holder. Or rod holder along the stern. Total cost about $80.00 all up.