Hawkesbury session

GregL

With the weather finally coming good and daylight saving:thumbup: it was a quick run up to the Hawkesbury to catch the smaller tides and see if we could stop one of them big ones. Today we landed a couple of nice fish and lost one.

I ran 50lb leader today to see if the jews were leader shy or not.

Not.

post-3563-088585400 1317811332_thumb.jpg

Richard was fishing plastics, the Swing Impact Sexy shad to get his one.

post-3563-084147900 1317811619_thumb.jpg

I ran with the tranny today with the smaller tides, lost one to the bottom but got this sucker on the replacement :yahoo:

post-3563-060200900 1317811687_thumb.jpg

Well done on some great fish...

By the look of it, they weren't too shy of heavier leaders.

Good to see the tranny's accounting for yet another fish. They have a great action, although a little heartbreaking to lose to a snag ($$$$$)

Ta guys.

I'd like to thank Richard for his efforts in dragging his boat up there for each session! Without it we wouldn't get them......

We're just lucky to have 2 different types of boats between us so there is always something fishing to do and we are lucky his Mrs is so understanding......well so far anyways lol. :074:

Was great to meet up with a couple of Raiders down at the ramp on the way out, Snap-er and co, nice to chatter :biggrin2: to you guys, I liked some of the ideas thrown around, I'm packing some new stuff to try NEXT trip for sure!

I also got to break in a new rod with that fish, a Millerods Beast Buster LOng Cast Medium. This is a part of a new range of rods Ian has brung out and for the first time he has 2 piece rods!:thumbup:

I have been waiting for 2 years for this rod. Many versions have been made and most have failed, the end resault is amazing. Cast's weights between 10-40gms and handled that jew with no dramas.

Light enough to cast all day but the power in the butt is just awesome!

Can't wait to get up and cast it for the barras!

Splits at the handle, fitted with K guides and has the double handle fighting grips for big fish.

Worth a look if your into this style of fishing, I know I have had to order 2 others for friends that have seen it.

post-3563-071129700 1317871792_thumb.jpg

The other rods in the pic are my new bream/bass rods, look weird but in hand epic, they are out of the new control freak range. The sensitivity is all there with your finger and palm on the blank while retrieving. Casting they feel real sercure in hand and not going to slip out. Lighter than any Miller I have own previously and again if your after a tournament quality rod, worth a look at.

Fingers crossed it's a snapper run one the weekend if the weather holds, can't wait to test the rod out on one and would be good for a change of scenary lol

Greg

Hiya Greg, :biggrin2:

Could you please or anybody else specify better which type and/or model lures caught those beauties of jewies ( i.e. swing impact shad and a tranny ) ???.

Greg, you sure know your ghost of the estuary attacks.......and achieve all the time bud.

Thats Gold :thumbup:

Regards

Leo