ROD LOCKER

m_a-wright

Hi Raiders,

I would like to share with you my latest project for my 429 stacer proline angler. I kept the storgae pocket that was factory fitted when i purchsed the boat and the rod racks themselves are amazingly enough an Australian made product by SEA DOG and reasonably priced at $40 for a box of 6 and available from BCF. Fortunatly my rods are short enough that they all fit within the locker but you can comfortably drill through into one of the forward storage compartments if you wanted to store longer rods. The locker is a stand alone unit conveniently screwed to the floor and supported by a couple of brackets to the gunwales. So if at a later stage it is easy to remove if you wanted to do so. I have also made it lockable.

post-16856-095060600 1317952395_thumb.jpg

post-16856-087399700 1317952408_thumb.jpg

post-16856-049025900 1317952417_thumb.jpg

Nice job troutman, looks great!

Do you have before pics? I've been thinking of a solution to this but have those metal pockets running along the side. Did you remove something like that? If so, how?

Hi empty hooks,

Sorry but i dont have any before picks. The metal pockets that you mentioned is the same as what i have (From factory) but i did not remove them as i wanted the storage. That is why i have used the front casting deck as the set height to provide the extra space. The construction is basically a front panel, two side panels cut to profile fit over side storage pocket and a base plate. They are painted them trimmed with marine carpet. The base plate is screwed to the exsisiting deck and as i mentioned i have used a couple of brackets at each end of the locker to screw back to the gunwales for support. Hope this helps but i can take some more detailed photos if you wish.

Regards,

mark