Advice On A New Tinnie

Jthefisherman

Hi all,

I am looking at getting a new Tinnie. I have had a Sea Ray bowrider for a while and spend far too much time paranoid of getting fish and bait bits all over the nice seats and the mess the kids make in it, not too mention the flying sinkers etc against the side from the young ones.

I am looking for something around 4m mark that I can Launch by myself and that can take a bit of rough handling (from the young passangers). I want to use it around the Hawkesbury, Pittwater, cowan creek etc as well as parts of paramatta river, so it also has to handle a little bit of chop.

I was looking at the quintrex 420 explorer trophy or the 400 hornet and was wondering if anyone could let me know if they are good boats or offer other suggestions.

oh and since I want to relax and not worry about it getting damaged, I only want to spend about the 10k mark.

Thanks,

jason. :(

Hi Jason,

Feel free to give me a call at Yabbie Marine (9524 6488), and I can give you the lowdown on the Polycraft 4.1. Based on what you said - "I can Launch by myself and that can take a bit of rough handling", "has to handle a little bit of chop", "I want to relax and not worry about it getting damaged, I only want to spend about the 10k mark", the Poly sounds like a perfect fit. If you search here on Fishraider or any of the other fishing sites, you'll see that Polycraft owners are always very happy with their boats (Whitto is a great example!). We also sell Blue Fin aluminium boats, and I can tell you about the options in their range. Blue Fin have a great reputation for their quality build and finish, you can see the range here - Blue Fin Boats

If for some reason I'm not around, talk to Eric.

Cheers,

Ben

Hi all,

I am looking at getting a new Tinnie. I have had a Sea Ray bowrider for a while and spend far too much time paranoid of getting fish and bait bits all over the nice seats and the mess the kids make in it, not too mention the flying sinkers etc against the side from the young ones.

jason.  :(

52566[/snapback]

i share your pain mate :( ive got a Bayliner bowrider, fantastic boats but the cleaning time when i get home drives me :ranting2:

i want to head the same way as u, but around the 5m mark.