It was going to happen sooner or later LOL

GregL

Went out for a quick Hawkesbury session sometime last week.

D D Donuts! for me on the jews, not even a bite, caught a shed load of hairys on plastics HB's and even surface lures:1yikes:

Just on dusk the hairtails had schooled up prawns to the surface, 5tf hairtail leaping out of the water like tailor WTF!:thumbup:

Richard on the other hand got like 4 bites for 1 fish landed plus a croc of a flattie.

post-3563-008893900 1318807810_thumb.jpg

post-3563-045377100 1318807822_thumb.jpg

On the weekend went out the back yard for a gar session. Bloody hell they were on the chew for a bit. Double hook ups for a good 40mins straght! Ended the day bagging out and mum scoring a nice 40 pack to eat this week:biggrin2:

Took me a sold hour to clean em.

post-3563-029282900 1318807977_thumb.jpg

Macro head shot

post-3563-085472500 1318808009_thumb.jpg

Over and out

Greg

Damn!!!! theres alot of Garfish there!!!! would be very hard to decide wheather to use them as bait or eat them!!!

dont worry Greg I am sure your next outing will make up for the lack of captures this time around maybe the Jew have worked out your techniques and told their mates lol!!!!!!!

regards,

Nathan

Went out for a quick Hawkesbury session sometime last week.

D D Donuts! for me on the jews, not even a bite, caught a shed load of hairys on plastics HB's and even surface lures:1yikes:

Just on dusk the hairtails had schooled up prawns to the surface, 5tf hairtail leaping out of the water like tailor WTF!:thumbup:

Richard on the other hand got like 4 bites for 1 fish landed plus a croc of a flattie.

post-3563-008893900 1318807810_thumb.jpg

post-3563-045377100 1318807822_thumb.jpg

On the weekend went out the back yard for a gar session. Bloody hell they were on the chew for a bit. Double hook ups for a good 40mins straght! Ended the day bagging out and mum scoring a nice 40 pack to eat this week:biggrin2:

Took me a sold hour to clean em.

post-3563-029282900 1318807977_thumb.jpg

Macro head shot

post-3563-085472500 1318808009_thumb.jpg

Over and out

Greg

Nice kitchen

Nice lizard

Nice jew

Nice fish eye

Nice gar

Nice!

It was funny on the day we went for jews I just knew I wasn't in the zone to get one. For a few days prior I had been given grief with a sore neck and back, I recon from playing golf earlier in the week on a charity day. Bloody golf.... Still got a longest drive and a closest to the pin, pretty good for the first hit in over 18 months:yahoo:

Pain killers out on the water just gets ya super lazy, thank god the hairy's were there to keep me occupied!

The flattie, didn't measure it but I'd call mid to high 80's. Biggest one Iv'e seen in ages!

The Gars when I eat them I usually butterfly fillet them, dust them in seasoned flour and shallow pan fry. This way there is only the tail to worry about and no other bones as the little lateral line bones fry to nothing. My sub for fish fingers :thumbup:

Another way after I butterfly them and slice out the lateral bone, I will stack them in a foil pocket, placing a couple of super thin slices of ginger and shallotts between the fillets, a few more slices on top, a dash of soy and 2 drops of seasame oil, a twist of cracked black pepper, seal the foil and into the oven at 200 for 12mins with 6 gars per pack. Flip it out onto some steamed rice and a few steamed veg, Dinner for one with only the rice cooker, one plate and one fork to wash up :biggrin2: gotta think this way being single, quick, easy, just like the way I like my women hahaha :biggrin2:

Hey Greg,

You got a nice kitchen there, I'm a stone mason so I admire nice stone tops.

See you have brown marble shadowline tops with custom undermount sink and glass splash back !!

Looks the goods mate!!

Plus well done on the fish, but then gain when do you ever fail lol, read so many of your reports and you always seem to make a bad session into a good!!

Dead set inspirational !!

Well done mate.

Cheers,

Jez

Thanks Jez

I love my kitchen, first one I have done to the way I want and I just love cooking in it.

Here are some other pics of it to get the reel look of it.

post-3563-098708600 1318910934_thumb.jpg

post-3563-074529900 1318910939_thumb.jpg

post-3563-022385700 1318910948_thumb.jpg

Any tips on how to get the marks off the marble from bloody Corona bottles with the lime juice acid?

Greg

It was funny on the day we went for jews I just knew I wasn't in the zone to get one. For a few days prior I had been given grief with a sore neck and back, I recon from playing golf earlier in the week on a charity day. Bloody golf.... Still got a longest drive and a closest to the pin, pretty good for the first hit in over 18 months:yahoo:

Pain killers out on the water just gets ya super lazy, thank god the hairy's were there to keep me occupied!

The flattie, didn't measure it but I'd call mid to high 80's. Biggest one Iv'e seen in ages!

The Gars when I eat them I usually butterfly fillet them, dust them in seasoned flour and shallow pan fry. This way there is only the tail to worry about and no other bones as the little lateral line bones fry to nothing. My sub for fish fingers :thumbup:

Another way after I butterfly them and slice out the lateral bone, I will stack them in a foil pocket, placing a couple of super thin slices of ginger and shallotts between the fillets, a few more slices on top, a dash of soy and 2 drops of seasame oil, a twist of cracked black pepper, seal the foil and into the oven at 200 for 12mins with 6 gars per pack. Flip it out onto some steamed rice and a few steamed veg, Dinner for one with only the rice cooker, one plate and one fork to wash up :biggrin2: gotta think this way being single, quick, easy, just like the way I like my women hahaha :biggrin2:

Sounds simple!!! My son and I caught a heap of garies one morning last summer but I already had a stack of flatty fillets so I gave them to the owner of my local Japanese restaurant and he took them home for his family....very impressed. Now that I know the lateral bones disappear, I'll try your fish finger recipe!

Between fishing and golf....you should have your own show!

Unfortunately my wife just saw the images of your kitchen, jealousy is such an ugly emotion!

I'm amazed at the Hairtail report, I thought they were a deep water fish, must have been a sight.

Great shot of the Gars I could see that in a food magazine.

Thanks Jez

I love my kitchen, first one I have done to the way I want and I just love cooking in it.

Here are some other pics of it to get the reel look of it.

post-3563-098708600 1318910934_thumb.jpg

post-3563-074529900 1318910939_thumb.jpg

post-3563-022385700 1318910948_thumb.jpg

Any tips on how to get the marks off the marble from bloody Corona bottles with the lime juice acid?

Greg

The best way to get acid out of marble is to get new marble and don't put acid on it.

Sorry but Marble is a pain unless it is sealed or you ditch it all together and go for well polished granite.

They don't tell you that when they are selling you on the marble though hahah

Cheers