Flathead off DY

saltrix

It was a bit lumpy this morning on the way out to DY wide. Too much swell to troll around North Head.

Lots of whales heading south, out about 5 nautical miles, saw several pods of 3 or 4 humpbacks, as well as a few dolphins.

Got 9 flat head between 2 of us, a mixture of marbled and blue spot.

No mowies today, and tried to berly up some reds at the edge of a drop off but only managed nannygai, wrasse, sweep, and sergant baker.

I had to use my newly purchased small emergency hooter, I was saving it as I guess there is not much gas in it, but a fast pro boat was heading straight for us and didnt look like changing coarse. A bit hard to believe in such a big ocean, but when he got to about 100 metre off I guessed he was not at the wheel and fired off 4 blasts. He then changed course and after he passed us he went back to the back of the boat where he and his mate were working on some gear. It pays to watch whats around even if you are miles offshore. I might buy a bigger and better hooter now.

It was a nice day on the water and it had settled down quite a bit on the way home.

post-3961-009542800 1318920684_thumb.jpg