Blue Mountains with Caddis

Howdy Raiders,

Caddis was good enough to agree to me accompanying him fishing on the weekend. It was a lovely day, and a 6:30 start at the Scottish Restaurant in Lithgow had us at the secret fishing hole a short time later.

post-17523-079611000 1319445916_thumb.jpg

We fished most of the day for some decent fish. Caddis put me onto a few solid brown which worked me on the 6 weight! They both took the bottom nymph, unweighted beneath a bead head. One took a pheasant tail, one took a hair and copper.

post-17523-095541500 1319445999_thumb.jpg

Unfortunately, due to neither of us having a net, there were difficulties in landing the fish - and once they got to hand, they didn't stick around too long for a photo :(

Caddis was a great guide, and I had a thoroughly good day.

Just getting the good oil for you Royce, we don't want your first trip after surgery to be a blank.

And as to where, I'm not quite sure, Caddis made me wear a blindfold. Which made the driving hard.

You were definitely good company Angus, and I look forward to fishing with you again soon. Sorry about the browns, that was my fault. They sure gave your 6wt a good work out.

I’ll try to squeeze in another fish between now and when I fly out to NZ. My friend (who guides Dunedin) and I are going trophy hunting.

Regards Caddis

You were definitely good company Angus, and I look forward to fishing with you again soon. Sorry about the browns, that was my fault. They sure gave your 6wt a good work out.

I’ll try to squeeze in another fish between now and when I fly out to NZ. My friend (who guides Dunedin) and I are going trophy hunting.

Regards Caddis

Caddis, no problems with the browns - you put me onto them, after all!

Looking forward to your report on trophy trout hunting, take plenty of pictures.