Jewies at George River

Joco

The other day went out for a morning session with Nick targeting Jewies...

Never caught a Jewie during daylight hours so i was a bit skeptical, while Nick was doubting whether there were any Jewies at ALL in Chipping Norton. I was determined to prove him wrong....

Using my light gear as usual, 4 kg rod, 1000 reel, 4 lb braid, 10lb leader, fat jig head, we started working the rock walls.

We got smacked a couple of times but failed to produce..

BUT persistancy paid off.

My first Jewie during day light hours, giving the reel a good workout... NOT the biggest jewie BUT plenty of fun on light gear...

Rest of the day prodcued many flatties and at the end, concluded our session with another Jewie...

Thanks heaps to Nick for the opportunity, NOW he has an excuse to fish the local waters more and more :thumbup:

PS - Apologies MICK for MMSing you photos of the fight caught, while you were at work, now you know how i feel :thumbup:

See you on the water soon...

chippingnorton177.jpg

chippingnorton179.jpg

Yes Joco sending mms to me at work will get you in trouble as well :074: nice work mate and I will be sending you a couple real soon while you are at work :yahoo:

Cheers Stewy

Yes Joco sending mms to me at work will get you in trouble as well :074: nice work mate and I will be sending you a couple real soon while you are at work :yahoo:

Cheers Stewy

HAHHAHAHA please do so... :thumbup: It will motivate me to work LESS and fish MORE....

My apologies for burning you with a jewie pic while you were at work... you didn't have to burn me back with two pics.... do you know how hard it is to concentrate at work knowing your mates are onto a school of jew? sorry that's right you do :1prop:

Big boy coming soon.

Mick

onya joey, you knew the fish were their, weathers been fairly stable lately, i think that has a big influence on fishing the river or anywhere for that matter, good work, you certainly put in the hours, catch up soon mate.

Joco....1 word...jealous...i have been Jew hunting all month at my spot in Como fishing the run out tide at sunset trying to acheive my first daylight Jew using similar gear, i have managed 1 massive strike of my TT Blade but it took me under a rockwall and being LB i had no chance...... can i also ask what time of the day you were fishing?? also the approx depth?? i think i am doing the right thing, however it looks like you know what you are doing....and any advise for a jew virgin will be appreciated mate...cheers

No Problem Joey,Will be getting out there more often now as i have seen that they do exist all the way up the river.3kms from home finish work early and you will know where to find me.

I will fish with the lighter gear next time i go there,i thing the !14lb braid and 20lb leader was a bit too heavy,and i will be able to concentrate on fishing instead of trying to fix the radio,worked out to be a blown fuse .

I wonder if there are some biggens there?

For everyones info there is a heap of bait around the area at the moment,ripples on top of the suface everywhere,and the sounder was chockers!!

Joey, by the way some nice photos there,who took them haha!!

Edited by SNAP-ER

Joco....1 word...jealous...i have been Jew hunting all month at my spot in Como fishing the run out tide at sunset trying to acheive my first daylight Jew using similar gear, i have managed 1 massive strike of my TT Blade but it took me under a rockwall and being LB i had no chance...... can i also ask what time of the day you were fishing?? also the approx depth?? i think i am doing the right thing, however it looks like you know what you are doing....and any advise for a jew virgin will be appreciated mate...cheers

With Jews at chipping norton, the only tide i caught then was on the RUN OUT TIDE.

Aim for the rock walls, drop offs, and dont be afraid to work the plastic really fast (hence the heavy jig head), as the water is warm at 20 degrees and the fish/bait fish are very active.

I wonder if there are some biggens there? Joey, by the way some nice photos there,who took them haha!!

I too wonder if there are any bigger ones.... Bigger ones meaning 100cm+

HAHAHHA nice photo capture by NICK himself.... Made the Jewie look x10 times bigger :yahoo:

Nice one joco

NOT as big as yours :mad3::ranting2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2:

With Jews at chipping norton, the only tide i caught then was on the RUN OUT TIDE.

Aim for the rock walls, drop offs, and dont be afraid to work the plastic really fast (hence the heavy jig head), as the water is warm at 20 degrees and the fish/bait fish are very active.

thanks for your reply Joco, i will keep trying.....hope to land a similar (or bigger) jew this summer, i know she is there!!!..cheers...

awesome joco, wouldnt have thought the jews would be up in the lake.......a sign that the geroges system as a whole is recovering well after many many years of abuse.

FYI i have been throwing hardbodies around the mullet schools at pleasure point....no luck so far, but yeah there is heaps of bait around at the moment........

well done on the jew

mick

RODS IN MOUTHS= LOL!

Great fish mate well done, I've sent Nick a PM re: jewies in the local area, great bloke knows his stuff.

the baits starting to get very plentifull in the lakes well worth the effort i say

:thumbup:

Musty