Narrabeen lake

Woobwoob

Hey guys, does anyone know how Narrabeen lake's fishing at the moment? I went up a week or so ago only to find the lake flooded, which was a real shame after making the trip up there on a rare day off work. Planning to fish it this week and I don't want to be disappointed again so if anyone can help it would be appreciated. Cheers in advance.

The entrance to the lake has been closed for over a month now while they dredge

sand from east and west of the Ocean Street bridge.

The eastern side is now finished and they are now tackling the western side.

It's expected the works will be finished early December.

Here's a pic of the huge piles of sand they are piling up and trucking off to Collaroy Beach to replenish it.

post-1685-033725400 1320011261_thumb.jpg

The water quality is not good at the moment with no tidal flushing.

I won't fish there again until it re-opens. Once it opens, it should fire again.

actually walked along the wall towards the baths at the north end yesterday - heaps of big mullet milling around, and on sunset there were a load of fish jumping and feeding. lots of activity in the lake. Good for a bit of fun i reckon

Hey guys, does anyone know how Narrabeen lake's fishing at the moment? I went up a week or so ago only to find the lake flooded, which was a real shame after making the trip up there on a rare day off work. Planning to fish it this week and I don't want to be disappointed again so if anyone can help it would be appreciated. Cheers in advance.

Saw a pic of a stunning 1.4kg bream caught there this weekend on a lure....I fished it for a donut 2 weeks ago, I went land based, but I reckon I should have taken my kayak instead. It can be full of surprises that lake...

went for a walk along the north wall near where it's closed. Lots of decent size fish looking for a way out. Definitely worth a fish plus with all the dredging there is heaps of food/burley around.....evening/night would be the go once silt settles I reckon...

Wow, thanks for all the info guys, I was going to try fishing the dropoff opposite the caravan park, is that not fishing well either? It was flooded 2 weeks ago with no tidal movement which brought only 1 decent hit in 2 hours with live poddies. Is that photo taken where I'm talking about? I might just have to drive down there and see what it's like I guess.

Edited by S&S