Nepean river

sokratis

Decided to go down the Nepean river with my kayak I caught a couple small bass up first then got my biggest 44 cm which is my personal best then a couple of 35 cm. I caught them on a Bugga chug surface lure

post-11790-004505500 1320128664_thumb.jpg

Edited by sokratis

i go to nepean river penrith never caught a large bass only smalls in low 20s and under on unweighted bread on the surface also tried small/tiny hardbodys and get the same size fish anyhow congrats on your pb

Try using worms with a float through the day and try at night casting at snags using surface lures eventually you should get a big one

Cracker Bass there sokratis :1yikes: .....I reckon the aggressive surface take of a large Bass at night is one of the most exciting fishing experiences in our Rivers and Estuaries :biggrin2:

thanks your not wrong when a bass strikes at night and its a big one its a great feeling

Was this on Sunday? i saw a couple of guys fishing there in Kayaks. i caught my fist bass on Sunday just down from the weir 38cm on soft plastics and still on a high!! Converted fresh water fisherman now.

no i was there monday night, well done on your first bass it wouldve been exiting

Guest hawkesbass

Was this on Sunday? i saw a couple of guys fishing there in Kayaks. i caught my fist bass on Sunday just down from the weir 38cm on soft plastics and still on a high!! Converted fresh water fisherman now.

nice bass sokratis :thumbup: hey light gear you spoke to me on sunday was walking up the path towards emu plains with the back pack and rod

nice bass sokratis :thumbup: hey light gear you spoke to me on sunday was walking up the path towards emu plains with the back pack and rod

Hey Hawkbass, yep I sure did within 15mins had him on the BBQ nice and fresh. Didn't have the ingredients for the recipe you suggested just had a bit of salt and lemon, whole family loved it!! Will be there again on Sunday nice and early.

Hi some of you may know I am quite new to the forums and new to fishing, could someone tell me a decent place along the Nepean River of where I might have some luck. Maybe indicate the road that it is off? I don't have a boat, so it would have to be off land.