Jigging SWR

framedtrash

been a while since ive put up a post so i will post some our of recent trips

this one is a few weeks old ill put up last weekends trip later on today

we left home nice and early and got up to SWR about 07:00am.

We grabbed some livies at the bait grounds but they were forgotten about as the jigs were all we needed.

First drop. Double hook up.

Next drift. Triple hook up.

It continued till just after lunch time when decided to pull the pin. With 3 each on ice for the table and everyone’s fatigue setting in, we decided to head back.

We left with the Kings balled up and headed off to see if we could jag a marlin on the way in. Put out the spread in 23deg water, did about 2 hours worth. No luck though.

Nice drive back to Sydney arriving at midnight. Mission successful.

all fish caught on jigs and fish ranged from around 85-100cms

here is a little video of the days action

Edited by Framedtrash

Hey mate do you have to cross a bar up there to get out?

been a while since ive put up a post so i will post some our of recent trips

this one is a few weeks old ill put up last weekends trip later on today

we left home nice and early and got up to SWR about 07:00am.

We grabbed some livies at the bait grounds but they were forgotten about as the jigs were all we needed.

First drop. Double hook up.

Next drift. Triple hook up.

It continued till just after lunch time when decided to pull the pin. With 3 each on ice for the table and everyone’s fatigue setting in, we decided to head back.

We left with the Kings balled up and headed off to see if we could jag a marlin on the way in. Put out the spread in 23deg water, did about 2 hours worth. No luck though.

Nice drive back to Sydney arriving at midnight. Mission successful.

all fish caught on jigs and fish ranged from around 85-100cms

here is a little video of the days action

Coool vid dude.

Looked like the JM outfit wasnt even pushed through it's paces on that nice fish. What one was it?

Still haven't had mine bent through the handles yet.....

Greg

yeah that fish i hook up first is the 1mtr fish no match for the JM

its a 200gm three kings with a JM PE4 with a 300gm williamson bethos jig

i normally use a 150 powerspell but we had some good markings on the sounder so didnt want to get blown away by a monster

last weekends trip had us do battle with a better class of fish ill put up a post of that in a bit

Hey mate do you have to cross a bar up there to get out?

yes there is a bar you need to cross

at times its very timid but the water can be very shallow and unless you no what your doing it can be quite tricky

last weekend we had to pull up anchor and wait for the tide to change before we could cross it as it was just too shallow to enter

Hahaha.

Too funny stewie.

Was a awesome trip simmo.

The video of the latest session should be up tonight. I'll post it when it's uploaded.

Lookin forward to getting out there again soon. The arms have just about recovered!

good stuff boys

that is a top bit of water there for them kings even better that it doesn't get hit all that hard

as for going on the troll for the marlin just a month or so ago we had a double on stripe marlin that one took a knife jig and one took a king as it was brought up right at that spot so no need to go too far

intresting you said you left the kings balled upp as that was what they were doing right when the marlin turned up so we were thinking the marlin were down there chaseing a few of them up

i must get out there again in the next week or two as there is nothing like the spot anywhere else i have found :thumbup:

Awesome effort, 24hr non stop road/fishing trip is hardcore!! Love the JM gear, and the vid looks pretty slick.

Did you use a Go Pro camera to record the footage?

keep you eye out for the next video

these kings are just the warm up to last weekends footage

Well done guys, awesome footage! where is the Go Pro mounted on the last VID?

Thanks very much guys.

The camera was mounted on a pole i designed. Works well as it moves with the boat, and is a whole lot cheaper than a camera boat. hahah

In regards to going on TVS, im happy to keep it free for everyone and put it on youtube, but was thinking if someone wanted to advertise on the side of the boat to keep us going they would be more than welcome.