bagged out jew session

tide'n'knots

gday raiders, I finished work at 4.30pm yesterday and didnt have to be back at work until 4.30pm this afternoon so I had the perfect window of opportunity to hit the harbour for some jew last night and I wasnt dissapointed.

I arrived right on low tide and there was no action until the tide turned to come back in. Around 8pm I was on the phone to my son when I said sorry I have to go something is bending my rod over! It wasnt a typical jew hit, just a slow pull and constant wieght on the rod, I suspected a flathead and i was right. first fish of the session a 67cm flathead.

post-8689-078918800 1320206891_thumb.jpg

As i was trying to take it of the hook another rod buckled with a 52cm jew. 3 more jew and a bream came onboard over the next 2 hours and at 11.15 the final jew was hooked and landed.I had reached my baglimit so I went home a very happy camper!

the jew were betwen 52 and 67cm - not all that big but a lot of fun anyway.

pete.

post-8689-061652100 1320206866_thumb.jpg

post-8689-013579700 1320206837_thumb.jpg

Edited by tide'n'knots

Good on you Pete.A jew is a Jew no matter how big it is also i bagged my first one today on a soft plastic with Stewy check out our post latter Cheers Stephen

Well who's a lucky boy today :yahoo:

Cheers Stewy

gday raiders, I finished work at 4.30pm yesterday and didnt have to be back at work until 4.30pm this afternoon so I had the perfect window of opportunity to hit the harbour for some jew last night and I wasnt dissapointed.

I arrived right on low tide and there was no action until the tide turned to come back in. Around 8pm I was on the phone to my son when I said sorry I have to go something is bending my rod over! It wasnt a typical jew hit, just a slow pull and constant wieght on the rod, I suspected a flathead and i was right. first fish of the session a 67cm flathead.

post-8689-078918800 1320206891_thumb.jpg

As i was trying to take it of the hook another rod buckled with a 52cm jew. 3 more jew and a bream came onboard over the next 2 hours and at 11.15 the final jew was hooked and landed.I had reached my baglimit so I went home a very happy camper!

the jew were betwen 52 and 67cm - not all that big but a lot of fun anyway.

pete.

post-8689-061652100 1320206866_thumb.jpg

post-8689-013579700 1320206837_thumb.jpg

good stuff buudy

Thats a great size flattie Pete. There must be some big jews around if the soapies are there. Theres been a few catch of soapies in the Hawkesbury lately as well.

Regards Jeff

gday jeff, i reckon my old haunt around wisemans would be firing at the moment also.

pete.

WoooHooo, good onya Pete, nice catch mate thats a few nice flavours you have there... :biggrin2:

gday ray, I would have been stoked if they were more like the size of your black jew!

pete

Good on you Pete.A jew is a Jew no matter how big it is also i bagged my first one today on a soft plastic with Stewy check out our post latter Cheers Stephen

good on ya steve!! next thing is to come out with me and get you one one bait!

pete.