Whiting is Sydney

rjc123

Hey raiders,

This summer i'm without a boat so probably gonna have to give the kingies a miss. I'm keen to have a go at whiting on small poppers and live worms. I have caught plenty of whiting before up to approximately 31cm. Im hoping for a few sessions targeting them in the harbour, narrabeen lake and maybe pittwater. I have heard about the dredging going on in narrabeen at the moment but if i start fishing in December should i get some decent results there? Any spots in the harour, narrabeen and pittwater would be great!

Tom

Hey raiders,

This summer i'm without a boat so probably gonna have to give the kingies a miss. I'm keen to have a go at whiting on small poppers and live worms. I have caught plenty of whiting before up to approximately 31cm. Im hoping for a few sessions targeting them in the harbour, narrabeen lake and maybe pittwater. I have heard about the dredging going on in narrabeen at the moment but if i start fishing in December should i get some decent results there? Any spots in the harour, narrabeen and pittwater would be great!

Tom

Why wait till summer? Here is a pic of one I caught yesterday on the central coast on a berkley scum dog (bitza). I would imagine that the lagoons on the northern beaches and the flats around pittwater would produce too.

Whiting off the surface are great fun if you fish light.

...mal

post-13663-002168800 1320220865_thumb.jpg