Hawkesbury SP's

tasksta

Hi all

My mate and I have been successfully fishing the Hawkesbury over the last two years and having a ball.

The time has come for us to try our luck with soft plastics..... tomorrow!

From what i have gathered from advise, forums and understanding i have the following setup:

1 - 3kg 7" Daiwa spin matic

Shimano sienna 2500

6lb Fireline

10lb patypus platnium leader

1/16oz and 1/8oz jig heads

assorted 80mm wrigglers and 100mm shads

we will be targeting bream and flathead and would like to know the best places to start.

We normally launch from apple tree and cruise around cowan, juno and brooklyn.

Is there any region you would recommend for an SP newbie to start flicking?

Also any relevant advice would be very much appreciated.

Might see you out tomorrow!

cheers

Paul

Hi all

My mate and I have been successfully fishing the Hawkesbury over the last two years and having a ball.

The time has come for us to try our luck with soft plastics..... tomorrow!

From what i have gathered from advise, forums and understanding i have the following setup:

1 - 3kg 7" Daiwa spin matic

Shimano sienna 2500

6lb Fireline

10lb patypus platnium leader

1/16oz and 1/8oz jig heads

assorted 80mm wrigglers and 100mm shads

we will be targeting bream and flathead and would like to know the best places to start.

We normally launch from apple tree and cruise around cowan, juno and brooklyn.

Is there any region you would recommend for an SP newbie to start flicking?

Also any relevant advice would be very much appreciated.

Might see you out tomorrow!

cheers

Paul

Hi Paul,

Try upstream towards Spencer, there's some nice sandflats & mangroves opposite Mt White caravan park.

Cheers,

Scott

Thanks guys.

Never made it these spots as the Captain had other 'ideas' but beggers can't be choosers!

Started in one of the bays off Cowan to get my technique down and to my surprise landed a monster leather jacket on my second cast!

Unfortunately it was donuts all day until fianlly landed my first flatty in JB flats in the afternoon. :yahoo:

Although it was undersized it was very rewarding and SP's are definitely addictive.

One thing I didn't budget for was the cost of having my plastics bit in half so frequently, am I doing something wrong?

Will be in the harbour next week, can anyone recommend plastic and jig head for chasing the Kings?

cheers

Paul

Thanks guys.

Never made it these spots as the Captain had other 'ideas' but beggers can't be choosers!

Started in one of the bays off Cowan to get my technique down and to my surprise landed a monster leather jacket on my second cast!

Unfortunately it was donuts all day until fianlly landed my first flatty in JB flats in the afternoon. :yahoo:

Although it was undersized it was very rewarding and SP's are definitely addictive.

One thing I didn't budget for was the cost of having my plastics bit in half so frequently, am I doing something wrong?

Will be in the harbour next week, can anyone recommend plastic and jig head for chasing the Kings?

cheers

Paul

Sounds like the story of my life.

I've been having my SP's bitten to shreds with no hookups in Cowan Creek for some time now, and had started suspecting the LJ's. Had it confirmed last week when I jagged one in the eye :biggrin2: