Alloy fuel filler

greg123

Anyone know where I can get a good quality aluminum deck filler for under $100?

I'm having a fuel tank/seat box type structure fabricated but the standard filler the fabricator uses is pretty bulky and rises 40mm above the surface.

Cheers

Anyone know where I can get a good quality aluminum deck filler for under $100?

I'm having a fuel tank/seat box type structure fabricated but the standard filler the fabricator uses is pretty bulky and rises 40mm above the surface.

Cheers

This one is stainless. Will it do the job ??

http://www.biasboating.com.au/SearchResults.asp?Search=4579&Submit

There is also one in plastic for $13.90

Geoff

Unfortunately I don't think stainless will do due to corrosion issues when stainless and alloy meet in a wet/salty environment. (Galvanic corrosion).

The builder doesn't want to use plastic either.

If I can't find one for under $100 I guess I'll have to either relocate the bulky alloy one or insulate a stainless one really well.

Unfortunately I don't think stainless will do due to corrosion issues when stainless and alloy meet in a wet/salty environment. (Galvanic corrosion).

Every aluminium boat has stainless fittings inc screws & bolts in one form or another.

Sounds like someone has been telling stories.

Why does he not want to use plastic. Is it not your decission what fitting are to be used?

Geoff

Yeah I think I might end up putting some insulating between the two metals.

He doesn't want to use the plastic ones due to quality reasons I think. The Location is part of a footrest so will be under a lot of kicking bumping. To be honest I'd rather use his filler over the plastic anyway.