Fishing at wollongong lighthouse 18/11/2011

davido

Just got back from a 2 hour session of fishing at the lighthouse aiming for bream with prawns. Not much to report except this fish that I caught. No idea what it is, can someone identify it for me?

18112011082.jpg

18112011081.jpg

I probably won't reply for a while, getting ready to go to Melbourne for a birthday party then to Lake Eucumbine for some fishing fun for 3 days :yahoo::thumbup:

Davido

Davido:

that's a senator wrasse, a real pest around that spot

the place you fished doesn't produce fish, only a few blackies and squid in winter, even i, a local, have not seen too many people catch much there.

if you're after some bream, try coniston beach to the south at night, usually get a few bream, tailor, salmon, flathead and jewies there.

Davido:

that's a senator wrasse, a real pest around that spot

the place you fished doesn't produce fish, only a few blackies and squid in winter, even i, a local, have not seen too many people catch much there.

if you're after some bream, try coniston beach to the south at night, usually get a few bream, tailor, salmon, flathead and jewies there.

thanks for that. I will try coniston some time. I like finding new places to fish :thumbup: