Harbour King, taylor and bonnie

wannabefisho

I was invited to go fishing for Kingies today so I arrived to the ramp earlier than expected and started pacing the carpark waiting for my ride to arrive.

Charlie dropped our mate Johnny off @ a nearby wharf and out we set to chase some candy to tempt the bigger boys out to play.

As luck was clearly not on our side we baoted 3 inkers in just under 2 hours- some of the charter lads were doing it hard aswell.

After sounding out one of the markers we decided to drop the rigger down and have a pass-

lots of bites then WHAMMO!

Onto a fish straight away, and on 24kg gear it was in the live well in a flash still very green lol

Measuered 70cm and I was stoked :thumbup:

Another pass saw the dreaded LJ's move in and squid didnt last long

Hmmm... decision... 1 bait...

We tried to catch some more inkers but after 30mins we still had only 1 in the tank- so off the next marker while flicking metals @ the passing bait balls and frnzied Bonito and Taylor

We had a few hookups but nothing boated.. :thumbdown:

Finally arrived @ the final spot to drop squid and well it got hit straight away, but the hooks didnt set... then it come back for a 2nd run and it got busted off before we even had the rod out of the holder...

sh1t happens :1badmood:

So we continue to chase the bonito and taylor schools around for the next hour- we boated 7 nice choppers to 40cm and a single bonito- they were pretty flighty and hard to keep track of once they went back down, but we found a good patch of fish and they didnt get too spooked and was a large school

Fantastic way to finish the session just after lunch

post-12300-092466300 1321621240_thumb.jpg

post-12300-063891500 1321621261_thumb.jpg

post-12300-039716500 1321621279_thumb.jpg