Abu Garcia Orra SX or Stradic Ci4

clemsy

Should I buy the Orra SX now or save a little more for the Stradic Ci4, keeping in mind its double the cost. (Size 2500 reel)

These are the specs for the Orra SX:

8 Stainless Steel HPCR® Ball Bearings

One piece gear box design allows for more precise gear alignment for smoother operation

Slow oscillation provides even line lay with all types of line

Rotor brake design to stop early bail closure

Corrosion Resistant Instant Anti-Reverse Bearing

Hybrid X-Cräftic™ Alloy - Corrosion Resistance

Duragear™ Gears for Long Life SuperLine Spool

Sealed Carbon Matrix™ Drag System for Ultra Smooth Drag

And the Stradic Ci4:

Ultra-lightweight Ci4 Frame, Sideplate and Rotor Construction

Paladin Gear Durability Enhancement

Propulsion Line Management System: Propulsion Spool Lip, SR One-Piece Bail Wire, Power Roller III, Redesigned Bail Trip, S-Arm Cam

Aero Wrap II Oscillation

SR-Concept: SR 3D Gear, SR Handle, SR One-Piece Bail Wire

S A-RB Ball Bearings

Aluminum Spool

S-Concept: S-Rotor, S-Guard, S-Arm Cam

Machined Aluminum Handle

Direct Drive Mechanism (Thread In Handle Attachment)

Round EVA Handle Grip

WP Drag (Waterproof Drag)

Maintenance Port

Fluidrive II

Floating Shaft

Dyna-Balance

Super Stopper II

Repairable Clicker

Approved for use in Saltwater

Rated for use with Mono, Fluorocarbon and PowerPro lines

Edited by clemzii

Our site sponsor Pure Fishing is distributor of Abu and do service and warranty also, they're at Berkley Vale on Central Coast. Always great service from them and easy to deal with.

I've had a play with the Orra SX and they are a great little reel, very smooth and quality components, they've also got a good drag, very smooth

For the price you'll pay for the Abu against price for the Stradic you'll be more than happy paying less and getting similar quality if not better for a better price. You also get a spare spool that you can put mono on to.

Ah I see, thanks Leo! Also, does the Abu come with a braid spool and a mono spool? (Is the braid spool really non slip without backing? I've never tried a braid spool before) I am thinking of getting a second braid spool if it is non slip, 8lb and 5lb braid.

Smarto, that is what I'm thinking too, leaning towards the Abu at the moment.

Edited by clemzii

Ah I see, thanks Leo! Also, does the Abu come with a braid spool and a mono spool? (Is the braid spool really non slip without backing? I've never tried a braid spool before) I am thinking of getting a second braid spool if it is non slip, 8lb and 5lb braid.

Smarto, that is what I'm thinking too, leaning towards the Abu at the moment.

The spool on the reel is specifically for braid and you do not require backing with this spool. The spare aluminium spool is for mono but you can put braid on it also if you want to. If you want another original braid spool i'm sure you could get one from Pure Fishing.

Sometimes to avoid "slip", not that i've had it yet, you can do a wrap of electrical tape, gives the braid something to bite onto if you're concerned about slippage.

The spool on the reel is specifically for braid and you do not require backing with this spool. The spare aluminium spool is for mono but you can put braid on it also if you want to. If you want another original braid spool i'm sure you could get one from Pure Fishing.

Sometimes to avoid "slip", not that i've had it yet, you can do a wrap of electrical tape, gives the braid something to bite onto if you're concerned about slippage.

I've ordered the Abu Garcia from my local tackle store for a sweet price and with an extra braid spool.

Just a question, do you know where local stores get their reels from if they special order it in?