VIDEO REPORT OF SOME GREAT FISHING AT MALLACOOTA...inc 2 Thumping Flathead

mialla

The boys and i have just come back from our annual Johnnie Walker Flathead comp there were 2 nice flathead caught & as always released .

The winning fish [ angler ] receives a bottle of blue label whiskey as well as the trophy ... 2nd place a bottle of Gold Label .... 3rd a bottle of Black label ....as well as the dreaded PINK CAP LOSER for the the angler with the least biggest fish out of his bag ...

As always it was a fun trip full of laughs and good times with mates , and that's what fishing is all about - having fun ...

Here's the visual fishing report hope you all enjoy .......

Cheers Troy

Edited by mialla

The boys and i have just come back from our annual Johnnie Walker Flathead comp there were 2 nice flathead caught & as always released .

The winning fish [ angler ] receives a bottle of blue label whiskey as well as the trophy ... 2nd place a bottle of Gold Label .... 3rd a bottle of Black label ....as well as the dreaded PINK CAP LOSER for the the angler with the least biggest fish out of his bag ...

As always it was a fun trip full of laughs and good times with mates , and that's what fishing is all about - having fun ...

Here's the visual fishing report hope you all enjoy .......

Cheers Troy

Where is it held and when is the next one?

Steve we didn't really count fish caught ... But I reckon about 60-70.....

There was some really tuff sessions where they were just not feeding and some got donuts for a whole half a day....

In previous years we have landed more like 160.

All fish over 60 cm released and in truth we probably kept about 30 fish between the 5 of us for the whole weekend...

Great fun and nice editing job Troy

What a cracker of a vid!!! loved it boys.

I think i might do something like that with mates, Thanks for the Idea.

These trips are so much fun , nothing beats having good laughs with mates - as well as catching some nice fish ..

Cheers for positive comments guys

Troy

great job on the vid fellas!

looks like you guys had a ball. 90cm is a big flathead- I was with my mate last month when he landed an 86.5cm flattie while we were livebaiting for jewies- i thought it was monstrous!

post-20042-080396600 1322716322_thumb.jpg

good work on spicing up the weekends fishing with a bit of healthy competition!

Cheers

Tom

Edited by fisheyes85