Sydney Harbour Sunday 27.11.11

350chev

Hi fellow Raiders,

Finally got my new toy serviced and ready for some of those harbour kingies. Hit Rose Bay at 6.00 and didnt start the day very well, i forgot to plug up the rear of the boat, :1yikes: lucky i still had the trailer there. Anyway got that sorted and out me and my dad went. We hit Sow and Pigs hoping to get a few yakkas. We ended up with no yakkas but we did manage #8 Trevally and one silver bream. We then decided to go just outside North Head for a troll, but had no takers. We tolled right up to BlueFish and back. Once we got in and around the North Head i could not believe how much the wind had picked up. The harbour was full of white caps. Tried a few spots outta the wind but with no luck. Anyway overall had a good day just ashame about that wind and no yakkas. Ive heard that Balmoral is a good place for yakkas. I dont suppose anyone would be so kind as to direct me to a location for some yakkas or squid. I haven't really fished much in the Harbour so any help would be extremely appreciated. :biggrin2:

Thanks Guys and tight lines to all :thumbup:

Hi fellow Raiders,

Finally got my new toy serviced and ready for some of those harbour kingies. Hit Rose Bay at 6.00 and didnt start the day very well, i forgot to plug up the rear of the boat, :1yikes: lucky i still had the trailer there. Anyway got that sorted and out me and my dad went. We hit Sow and Pigs hoping to get a few yakkas. We ended up with no yakkas but we did manage #8 Trevally and one silver bream. We then decided to go just outside North Head for a troll, but had no takers. We tolled right up to BlueFish and back. Once we got in and around the North Head i could not believe how much the wind had picked up. The harbour was full of white caps. Tried a few spots outta the wind but with no luck. Anyway overall had a good day just ashame about that wind and no yakkas. Ive heard that Balmoral is a good place for yakkas. I dont suppose anyone would be so kind as to direct me to a location for some yakkas or squid. I haven't really fished much in the Harbour so any help would be extremely appreciated. :biggrin2:

Thanks Guys and tight lines to all :thumbup:

You can catch heaps at Little Manly too!

Yep... I've always got yakkas off the middle island on Balmoral beach. First light they are in plague preportions. Berly and sabiki rig or small handline and you're in. Use a live bait tank or aerator as they don;t last too long otherwise.

Definitely stick to the island for the moment as the wharf itself is lacking yakkas. 2 hours using both sabiki jigs and small hook with splitshot for 3 yakkas.... Just find some structure and you'll be sweet! There are actually a few in Rose Bay among the moorings. Kingies patrolling here too! The wind definitely effects their behaviour and i find the windier it gets the harder they get to catch!