Tow vechicle

Fab1

Hi Raiders,

I have a 2.0 manual daewoo nubira that,s rated to tow 600kg unbraked/1200 braked and would like to know if it would be capable of towing my quintrex estuary angler safely without killing my car,bmt weighs 550kg.If any of you have had experience towing with similar powered vechicles any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Fabian.

If the boat, motor and trailer only weigh 550kgs as you have indicated then you shouldnt have a problem. that is unless you need to go up and down steep hills etc. also dont forget to make sure that your tow package is rated to carry more than you intend to tow... no good having a 750kg towbar hauling a 1.2 tonne vessel... if you have an auto, make sure you get it serviced regularly as towing does place additional stress on a car. as you have a manual, be careful not to stress the clutch too much as i dont think a Daewoo is suitable for towing long term, but i might be wrong....

Edited by bisso

Thanks for your opinions guys,the reason i was asking is i have a 4wd hilux that tows the boat fine but the problem is my wife has horses that she tows with the hilux on most weekends and i was thinking of putting a towbar on the daewoo if it was suitable.Im leaning towards it struggling on the hills and if it would have adequate braking also.The problem is i live in campbelltown and travel to Windang/Nowra/Port Hacking etc and can,t avoid going up and down BIG HILLS and travel a distance of atleast 100km.bmt weighs 550kg fully loaded with fuel gear etc after getting a weighbridge certificate.Maybe she can get rid of the horses and buy a miniture pony instead (They cost us a fortune) so she can use the daewoo and ill use the hilux.Lol.Sorry for the novel.