Iron Cove

trev

Dropped the kids at Wesley College to see some sheakespear and then headed to Iron Cove for a couple hours between 2 -4pm. Had two hits early lost five hawgs to rocks and did not catch a single fish but it was just great to be fishun. As I was finishing up I met Matrix from this site. Apparently he got at least one decent bream.

But my day just got worse picked the kids up and as I turned onto Lyons rd there was a big clunk under the car followed by a real really bad grinding knocking sound and no power to the wheels)&)^ :1badmood::1badmood:

NRMA bloke said the CV joints were all where they should be so it sounds like it is gear box$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Oh well further into debt we go.........

Cheers

Trev

Guest Jocool

Too bad mate. :ranting2: What type of car is it? I have a close mate that is a wrecker...Mates rates and all that jazz....

Bad luck on the car Trev :( Hope it doesnt cost too much to fix :(

As luck would have it, I managed to score a 30cm fork, 850gm bream(it was really really fat), not long after you left, in the general area I mentioned to you abt(right down the end). Didnt fight very much and it came alive only when I got it out of the water. So after getting it quickly back in the water, we called it quits cos we had to go out for dinner...

Matt

PS started with a Watermelon 2 inch Hawg for nada, then switched to a 2 inch BM and wham bam thank you mam.

Too bad mate. :ranting2: What type of car is it? I have a close mate that is a wrecker...Mates rates and all that jazz....

53510[/snapback]

The Car is a Mazda 626 manual. I bought it new in 94 it has been really good up until this last 6 months. CV joints done, new radiator and hoses, and new clutch a month ago. It has done over 230,000 kms and the clutch lasted 225,000 of those (I guess my driving habbits have changed since a teenager!! :1naughty: )

I'll take it back to the guy who did the clutch and CV joints. I think as one thing gets replaced for new it shows the ware and tear on the others....

Thanks for the offer of help Joe.

Well done Mat on the Breambo, I flogged the water solid for 2 hours without a fish I used 2" hawgs watermellon squidgies and HB minows..... But still had fun though.

Oh well can't let it get ya down

Cheers

Trev