New Book (afn)

Guest hottuna

Guest hottuna

Just got a new book in an has almost every single plastic and who makes them, how and why we use them plus a heap more. Looks the goods. By steve starling and kaj busch and Vic McCristal

dan

Another newbie.  Welcome to the site Dragged  :1welcomeani:  :1badmood: .

I saw another good book in Dymocks the other day.  It was all about hard bodies and covered everything from the smallest up to marlin lures with instructions on how to run all of them.  Looked a good read and might have to go on my Fathers Day list.

53833[/snapback]

sounds interesting--- did you get a name?

Just got a new book in an has almost every single plastic and who makes them, how and why we use them plus a heap more. Looks the goods. By steve starling and kaj busch and Vic McCristal

dan

53666[/snapback]

dose sound very interesting' Vic McCristal was a great fishing writer glad to see he's still kicking :biggrin2:

Vic McCristal was a great fishing writer glad to see he's still kicking

As far as I know he WAS a great writer & unfortunately passed away a fair while ago. I hope I'm wrong maybe someone can add some facts?

As far as I know Vic Mccristal is still fishing, he was retired and not writing of late but he may have got involved in this new book, he was a big fan of the first generation plastics, Mr Twisters etc

Met him once in Erskines in Cairns in the late eighties, lovely bloke

Guest bluecod
As far as I know he WAS a great writer & unfortunately passed away a fair while ago. I hope I'm wrong maybe someone can add some facts?

53966[/snapback]

The legendary Vic McCrystal is a Life Member of ANSA and according to their web site is still fishing i.e he is not listed as deceased as are some of the other :1worthy: lifers.

Could that bloke write a good story eh! Kept me entertained for hours.

Edited by bluecod

Guest hottuna
the rrp is $29.95 for the softbook cover i believe . there is also a hard book cover not sure on the priCE?

SO WHAT WOULD YOU GIVE THE BOOK OUT OF 10 HOT TUNA

53770[/snapback]

only read parts and yes its a massive plug, so far 8 out of 10

dan

Guest hottuna

53966[/snapback]

Maybe i need to clarify something, its by starlo and bushy "with foreword by Vic McCristal

don`t know if he`s still kicking.

dan

Guest hottuna
According to Starlo Vic McCristal is alive and well' living Cardwell Nth QLD  :thumbup:

54445[/snapback]

Gee starlo got a bashing by one over his reply on your question that "othersite" good laugh :05:

dan

Such is life. If people want to make a big deal out of a simple question well........ :1prop: I can't understand why Starlo would get a bashing over it. "Is Vic still alive? " seems a harmless enough question to me.

Back to the book----

Have just finished my first troll through its chapters and they state up fron and on a few occasions that they have a financial interest in Squidgies, but they also give other SP a good mention - eg Prawnstar & DOA prawn imitations, Sluggos for stick baits etc. Pictures are good and not all have squidgies in them.

Some useful hints and reminders on the ways and wheres to fish them. Bushy is still a larrikin with some of his comments, but they are generally spot on.

I will be referring to it again and again - just to remind myself to think out of my square. I get into a groove and need a bit of a jolt to get out of it.