Beach Jewies

Ovrdse

looks like you have been having way to much fun, mate thanks for sharing,is there any chance you could tell us a little about the rig and method you are using

Paul

P.S. I fish the beaches south of Nowra

Edited by p o ylop

Lol I'm not hiding any secrets I use every bait I can get my hands on. And it doesn't hurt to go fishing 3 times a week to increase your chances. My quote for catching a Jew is " You have to be in it, To win it "

i've seen your truck around mate Nice Catch there buddy, its good when you use fresh bait and some nice fresh squid strips.....and you go out 3 times a week ;) might have to get me a job at your place

Yea I Got a couple trucks floating around sydney. I Work hard during the week to Play Harder Through the Weekends. Nothing Beats Having a stressful day at the Office and then to go Fishing to Bag a Jew or two. Or Even Just Catching SeaWeed LOL You Win Some, You Lose Some. Keep Your head up and Stay Keen

Edited by UNTAMD

Its Not All Glory Though Went Fishing up at Avoca With A Couple Boys Only Caught a Small Soapie Threw him back in not Worth keeping it. And 1 Salmon and 1 Decent Size Flathead. Besides That we Didnt Even Get Nothing it was Just one of those Days. So Back to The Drawing Board... Where To Next

Yea I Got a couple trucks floating around sydney. I Work hard during the week to Play Harder Through the Weekends. Nothing Beats Having a stressful day at the Office and then to go Fishing to Bag a Jew or two. Or Even Just Catching SeaWeed LOL You Win Some, You Lose Some. Keep Your head up and Stay Keen

haha well said champ, will be going hard this weekend friday night going after some squid ready for the weekend ;))) all new gear is up and ready for some test and tune ;))

UNTAMD - you've clearly cracked the beach jew formula! Well done indeed.

For fishermen like me, who have been chasing the elusive beach jew for many years without success, are there any good tips you can give? In particular I'm always keen to hear what to look for in terms of gutter/hole formations when picking location, and then where to place the bait once there.

Tides, winds, swell size - what do you look for when planning a trip?

I tend to focus on the Eastern Suburbs beaches and head out when high tide is at dusk, the wind is calm and the swell is small. I find a good hole and then throw the jew-bait (usually a whole squid) into the middle of it and as far as I can cast (although with big baits I can't get much further than 20-30 metres). However as noted above this has not led to any success so far so I think I might be doing something wrong!!

Any tips would be gratefully received!

Its Not All Glory Though Went Fishing up at Avoca With A Couple Boys Only Caught a Small Soapie Threw him back in not Worth keeping it. And 1 Salmon and 1 Decent Size Flathead. Besides That we Didnt Even Get Nothing it was Just one of those Days. So Back to The Drawing Board... Where To Next

Top effort mate...maybe I need to tag along one day so you can give me a few pointers :thumbup:

barramatt, good point.. i hate to see a massacre of fish. For me its quality and not so much quantity. Besides a 1m+ fish tastes much better and will feed you for a year. I am almost sure if you research and fish hard you will get atleast a 1 meter each year. Everyone i fish with has.

Mondo, You seem to only fish in perfect conditions which rarely happens.... so maybe you havent put in enough hours. But you will find suprisingly most Jew are not caught in anything that resembles ideal conditions. :1yikes: