LCR bass trip

hambo692

Hello again everyone

Got 3 nights booked in the LCR National Park next week, and the main focus of the trip is bass fishing. I've never fished freshwater before, so I need a lot of help please :)

Only going to take two outfits, sounds like bream gear should be alright? Was planning on taking 1-3kg tcurve revolution/saros 1000/1.5kg braid and 2-4kg trion/Stradic 2500/3kg braid. These shouldn't be too light should they?

One of the main questions I have is leader- 6lb? 12lb? Really have no idea, but im thinking a bit heavier than bream leaders?

Also, lures; I bought an sx40 imitation and a 45mm River2Sea bubblepop the other day, am I on the right track?

A few questions, and like I said never fished freshwater before so any help would really appreciated.

Thankyou

Hamish

Hello again everyone

Got 3 nights booked in the LCR National Park next week, and the main focus of the trip is bass fishing. I've never fished freshwater before, so I need a lot of help please :)

Only going to take two outfits, sounds like bream gear should be alright? Was planning on taking 1-3kg tcurve revolution/saros 1000/1.5kg braid and 2-4kg trion/Stradic 2500/3kg braid. These shouldn't be too light should they?

One of the main questions I have is leader- 6lb? 12lb? Really have no idea, but im thinking a bit heavier than bream leaders?

Also, lures; I bought an sx40 imitation and a 45mm River2Sea bubblepop the other day, am I on the right track?

A few questions, and like I said never fished freshwater before so any help would really appreciated.

Thankyou

Hamish

You should get a couple of spinner baits too mate and maybe a couple of pencils purple is a good colour for both, plastics slow rolled down panks will work too

Your gear will be fine personally i would use 4-8lb leadder